Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Danny Green Coward Punch Ad

Good on Danny for financing the Coward Punch ad.
Don't see the mouth from the south ,doing something like this.

Old 16-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Danny Green Coward Punch Ad

The mouth from the south isn't capable, that's why!

It's a good ad!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

It is a great idea..to many hero's getting about thinking they are awesome. It wont change over night but there certainly is a problem and this is one way to try and make a difference.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
superyob
Banned

What was the definition of a 'king hit'? I never understood why the media used this term as before its popular use it was used to describe a powerful punch in a fair fight, I think.
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Kudo's to Danny, he's a real role model that kids can look up to & for him to self fund the ad confirms again that he's a good guy who loves his community!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
What was the definition of a 'king hit'? I never understood why the media used this term as before its popular use it was used to describe a powerful punch in a fair fight, I think.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/king_hit
Old 16-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Thank you csv8.
Old 16-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
xax2

We should all start using the term "Coward Punch" and shame these guys. At one stage it was "cool" to smoke and even a bit "rebellious" to drink-drive...now your a "bloody Idiot". Danny's ad should be on during things like the Cricket and the F1 GP and really get to the target market.
xax2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 01:20 AM   #9
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I too saw this ad and was impressed with Danny Green and his way of telling the message.

I can also understand why the Aboriginal Muslim didn't get asked...
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #10
burnz
VFII SS UTE

for those who haven't seen it...
http://www.smh.com.au/national/danny...114-30t4b.html
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
Interesting thing is the whole interview about making the ad shoudl eb broadcast as well. The comment by Danny Green about it being murder may be one of the best comments made and probably would (pardon the pun) hit home with some.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #12
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
....... didn't get asked...
No one was asked. As I understand it Danny Green saw a problem that wasn't getting enough attention and funded the ad himself. What's incredible is that he then offered it to the WA govt who said something like no thanks, we don't think you're the right person to be sending this message
4 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #13
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

ridiculous huh? there's a big difference between getting coward punched and a professional sport between consenting adults.

I almost cried when i heard that **** from queensland who murdered that poor guy ,went around spouting off he did MMA. Way to polarize public opinion and bring an excellent sport into disrepute. I hope you go to gaol for life and get banned from MMA for life
Pub247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #14
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
No one was asked. As I understand it Danny Green saw a problem that wasn't getting enough attention and funded the ad himself. What's incredible is that he then offered it to the WA govt who said something like no thanks, we don't think you're the right person to be sending this message
We do have King Col in WA and his merry men who know what everyone in WA wants!
Old 18-01-2014, 08:22 AM   #15
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They should get a few rounds with Danny before they get 20 years.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #16
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

The most concerning aspect of this story is the example given.
Danny steps in to quell an incident where a bloke is furious at having a beer spilled on him.
What's concerning is that something as silly as a bit of spilled beer is enough justification to incite such violence, its not fiction, its reality.

Where did it all go so wrong that this type of scenario would play out in pubs, clubs, parties and street corners all over the country.

The Courts are too weak with these clowns. Justice for these cowards should be dealt out behind bars with a blind eye turned by the guards.
It should be made public that if you go around bashing people for no reason in a straight forward case as this, you will be served swift punishment with permanent disability as a minimum consequence.
Put them in general population handcuffed and see how they fare against real competition.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #17
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
The Courts are too weak with these clowns. Justice for these cowards should be dealt out behind bars with a blind eye turned by the guards.
It should be made public that if you go around bashing people for no reason in a straight forward case as this, you will be served swift punishment with permanent disability as a minimum consequence.
Put them in general population handcuffed and see how they fare against real competition.
While judges are nothing more than a recycled criminal defence lawyer, the courts will alwasy give lenieint sentences, keeps the lawyers employed.

Leaving them to do a few rounds with some lifers would do lots of good woud teach them that in life, there is bigger and badder out there.
Old 20-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #18
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It costs the government money to jail these weak ****'s. That's why they go easy on them, cause the jails are almost full as it is and the government doesn't want to spend any more money.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #19
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In no way am I defending the person who throws the punch , BUT and its a big but as every situation is different the outcome might be different , especially if your talking a spilt drink . Anyone remember the words " SORRY MATE " . It used to work quite well !
My experience lately is basically FU , and you wonder why they have a flare up over crap where a simple apology would sort it .
King hits are another ugly latter day trend along with glassing that shows the perpetrator's lack of intestinal fortitude and an obvious sign of a big yellow streak in their character .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #20
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
In no way am I defending the person who throws the punch , BUT and its a big but as every situation is different the outcome might be different , especially if your talking a spilt drink . Anyone remember the words " SORRY MATE " . It used to work quite well !
My experience lately is basically FU , and you wonder why they have a flare up over crap where a simple apology would sort it .
King hits are another ugly latter day trend along with glassing that shows the perpetrator's lack of intestinal fortitude and an obvious sign of a big yellow streak in their character .
What would you consider worse, the inconvenience of having a drink spilt on you or not receiving a gesture of apology?

Personally, neither would raise an eyebrow in the context of my surroundings.
Im in a bar or club ffs, its gonna happen.
If someone was deliberately lining me up all night I'd ask questions, but I wouldn't just lash out over something so trivial.
Im sorry, but that culture is something the human species evolved away from centuries ago, there is nothing 'new' or 'special' about being a Neanderthal thug.
As I said in the other thread, most of these clowns couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, so they unload their rage through king hits on unsuspecting victims so as to avoid the actual confrontation they themselves instigate.

Its pathetic, the term 'COWARD PUNCH' is a fitting description.
Old 20-01-2014, 11:52 PM   #21
STINKY NINJA
Banned

In the particular case of the kings cross incident,yes a coward punch by a dead set oxygen thief,you must take each incident case by case though because alot of the people getting punched are winding up the punchers to the point of them snapping and hitting them,they would never admit the fact but they are just as drunk and are unfortunate enough to not be able to take a punch or dont get the first one in,i think unless you have personally been in a situation like that yourself you cant judge because you dont know.
In most cases it could be put down to a case of severe lack of judgement/brain fade by a severely drunk individual.
What happens if you pick a fight with someone who can hit alot harder than you and they get the first punch in and pow your knocked out and hit your head on the concrete...
I do not in any way tolerate people going round punching other people,every story has 2 sides though...
Im off to see if my flame suit still fits...
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #22
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mindless wanderings of days gone bye

Last edited by GREGL; 21-01-2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: not appopriate for thread
Old 21-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #23
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

No need for the flame suit, you are quite correct.
Every situation needs to be weighed up.
There is an irony in that it self, perhaps if many of these situations were weighed up prior to the physical action, many may not come about...

The growing trend doesn't seem to revolve around retaliation or self defence though.
It is straight out pre meditated acts of violence on unsuspecting victims.

People are slamming that bloke in Sydney for boasting about his fighting prowess, well im sorry, but that is exactly what many of the hero's in pubs and clubs see themselves as.
Where do they get it from?

It is just a pressure cooker of testosterone looking for somewhere to explode.
The only difference is now they are all pumped up on dumbbells and amphetamines they are lethal weapons.
The object is to crush the opposition to submission.
They don't realise their own strength until they unload on some poor bugger and then they cry like a baby when they face real life consequences.

Im sorry, but this topic is a real concern of mine as a father of a 15yr old lad who is starting to venture out of the nest.
To be quite honest I worry every time he goes to the shops for late night with mates or on public transport.

Only last Friday he I found myself sitting at the Elizabeth railway station watching him from afar making sure that he got on the train safely. He had been at the local pool for the afternoon with a mate. I then drove to the station he was to get off at and watched him and his mate walk to his mates house.
I would have given them a ride but i only had 1 spare seat in the car and certainly wouldn't have left his mate alone.
My son was none the wiser, however, its certainly not a trust issue between us, I'm simply terrified that he will walk into a situation that he is not capable of avoiding or defusing.
He's not a fighter, not interested in self defence classes or anything, in fact he's probably too trusting for his own good.

Its true though, the title of that other thread. This place is going to the dogs.
Old 21-01-2014, 12:23 AM   #24
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
What would you consider worse, the inconvenience of having a drink spilt on you or not receiving a gesture of apology?

Personally, neither would raise an eyebrow in the context of my surroundings.
Im in a bar or club ffs, its gonna happen.
If someone was deliberately lining me up all night I'd ask questions, but I wouldn't just lash out over something so trivial.
Im sorry, but that culture is something the human species evolved away from centuries ago, there is nothing 'new' or 'special' about being a Neanderthal thug.
As I said in the other thread, most of these clowns couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, so they unload their rage through king hits on unsuspecting victims so as to avoid the actual confrontation they themselves instigate.

Its pathetic, the term 'COWARD PUNCH' is a fitting description.
Sorry bent 8 , all I was trying to put forward was the fact that 9 out of 10 times an apology would have knocked it on the head , back in my day anyway . The problem as I see it nowadays is that basic word is not in the English language for the majority . Of course it is a trivial matter to be getting upset over but for as long as I can remember it has been a good reason for someone if their in the mood .
Old 21-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #25
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Sorry bent 8 , all I was trying to put forward was the fact that 9 out of 10 times an apology would have knocked it on the head , back in my day anyway . The problem as I see it nowadays is that basic word is not in the English language for the majority . Of course it is a trivial matter to be getting upset over but for as long as I can remember it has been a good reason for someone if their in the mood .
No probs, I understand what you are saying as I too grew up in a time when courtesy was commonplace.
Unfortunately those days are long gone.
The problem in many cases is that neither side of the incident have any respect for anyone and then have the hide to get up inarms when the are disrespected themselves.

The irony in it never ceases to amaze me.

But that's the way it is now, parents are too busy to teach the basic skills of humanity. Many of them lack the ability to successfully pass them on even if they did have good intentions and many kids just don't want to know.

What I don't get is how they perceive themselves after doing this stuff. Do they honestly believe that belting some poor ***** senseless is some platform on which they can elevate themselves?
They are fooling no one.
I'm certainly not impressed.

Jump in a ring with someone of equal ability and of similar intent and show us what you can do.
There are plenty of boxing, martial arts clubs around, join one and test their expertise on likeminded folk.
Old 21-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #26
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The brophy boxing tent should do a tour of the capitals , that'll satisfy their desires . anyone remember when mechanical bulls were popular in pubs , now that was something that gave everyone a laugh and if you lasted over 5 seconds you were a legend . From memory I won a flagon sized bottle of Bundy . Brought everyone together having a good time with some light hearted fun , now you get to watch the big screen and lose your dough betting as that is ALL they offer now . Very sad really when you think about it .
Old 22-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #27
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
The brophy boxing tent should do a tour of the capitals , that'll satisfy their desires . anyone remember when mechanical bulls were popular in pubs , now that was something that gave everyone a laugh and if you lasted over 5 seconds you were a legend . From memory I won a flagon sized bottle of Bundy . Brought everyone together having a good time with some light hearted fun , now you get to watch the big screen and lose your dough betting as that is ALL they offer now . Very sad really when you think about it .
And you know what stuffed all that up? Public liability cost the pub to much in insurances now.

But good on Danny Green for getting the government off their ***, and now they are given hefty sentences, something like eight years now.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #28
superyob
Banned

In the 80s I seem to remember that most clubs shut at 12 midnight or 1am. There were still violent acts perpetrated by intoxicated fools but nowhere near the level of today. I also just love how the bar owners decry shutting venues by a certain time and moan about how such moves won't work. All I hear is 'my profits are worth more than young lives...'

Governments should shut the clubs if the violence continues, but do not raise the price of my beer because of the incapable behaviour of drunken lunatics!
Old 22-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #29
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
In the 80s I seem to remember that most clubs shut at 12 midnight or 1am. There were still violent acts perpetrated by intoxicated fools but nowhere near the level of today. I also just love how the bar owners decry shutting venues by a certain time and moan about how such moves won't work. All I hear is 'my profits are worth more than young lives...'

Governments should shut the clubs if the violence continues, but do not raise the price of my beer because of the incapable behaviour of drunken lunatics!
I could be wrong here but back in the 60's and 70's we didn't combine drinking with steroids and other body building drugs - just grass and it was mellow...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #30
jamies

Anyone who does boxing / Muay Thai / MMA and respects the sports would'nt sprout off in public that they are a fighter.. Anyone who has stepped into the ring knows respect and discpline. Those that big note themselves generally are idiots who have never had a competitve fight.