Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-01-2015, 02:05 AM   #1
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Default Pregnant Wife - Free to good home

Hey fellas...

Up for grabs is a pregnant wife. Free!!

Very caring and looks good - but is driving me mad.

This is my first child and I cant do anything right. How do you keep a pregnant woman happy?

Am I doing something wrong.
Old 24-01-2015, 02:13 AM   #2
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FUNNY

Good luck

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 02:33 AM   #3
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: Pregnant Wife - Free to good home

Mate, the Mrs hormones will be jangling and a changing - perfectly normal behaviour for them to be a bit "nutty".

I don't proclaim to be any form of expert on women, none of us males are!

I've (well my Mrs) has had two kids, I just rolled with it, and let things go, took it in my stride.

Big thing to watch out for is post natal depression, didn't happen with our first child but on our second child it kicked in. No danger to your child by any means, however your partner will need support from you to help her get through it.

Try Google to get some background info on it. Ultimately it will be your Doctor who can point you and your partner in the right direction.

Cheers! and all the best on the birth of your first child, they're heaps of fun.

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #4
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Icecream and chocolate... and lots of it
Old 24-01-2015, 06:29 AM   #5
ParisManfred
1971 XY 351

First congrats on the first child and maybe she has a touch of morning sickness which is making her more cranky then normal. I have to agree with Supershifty , after the birth when mum and baby are home and all the relatives have left keep a very sharp eye out for post natal drepression. Even the strongest and most level headed women can suffer from it. Again as above do your research on it.

Good luck with it all and like to see some pictures of the future Ford fan soon.
2016 Territory Titanium AWD Smoke Diesel
2005 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary Fat Boy

Car History:
XY Ute, XY Ford Falcon 351, ZG Fairlane, ZH Marquis, XB GT Sedan, XC Panel Van, XD Panel Van, XE Ute, EA Sedan, BA XR8, BF XR6 Turbo Ute, FG X XR8.
ParisManfred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #6
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8HSV View Post
Hey fellas...

Up for grabs is a pregnant wife. Free!!

Very caring and looks good - but is driving me mad.

This is my first child and I cant do anything right. How do you keep a pregnant woman happy?

Am I doing something wrong.
Even Albert Einstein couldn't answer that one. Good luck and hang in there it's a very rocky road.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #7
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Further to my last post, I've given it some more thought. I'll presume this is your and the Mrs first child?

She will be feeling rather anxious about everything involved with the child - asides from the hormonal changes. There's a major life change coming up for the both of you for starters. I, as a male thought nothing of this with my first born. Had a good job, buying our house, Mrs didn't have to work - no wuckers, she'll be right. I was thinking of the mechanics of things, not the emotional side of stuff - as men do.

Your Mrs is going to give birth to a child that she'll want to provide the best for as a Mum. For starters, she has to give birth. My Mrs was in 13 hours labour with our first, our daughter wasn't breathing for the first 2 minutes of her life. The Doc's got her breathing and all was good.

Your Mrs will probably be wanting to be prepared with cot/change table/nappies etc and is maybe thinking she's forgotten something - kids don't come with instruction manuals. Has the Mrs got an older sis with kids that can help her out to prepare for the newborn?

My Mrs was very level headed and prepared for WW3, that didn't stop her from worrying that everything was gonna be ok.

Like I said in my previous post the second daughter should've been a cinch. The Mrs got to hospital and literally spat the second daughter out against the wall within 1/2 an hour of getting to the hospital. 2 hours later we were at home eating T/A chinese and having a beer - the post natal depression kicked in about 2 weeks later.

Hope this helps you out brother.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

You'll find them 10 deep at the tip face..ha ha ha
Mate you have to tell her she's being a brat. But in the nicest way of cause..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
Tommie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been through it twice. Just say yes alot and keep cool. All good in the end.
Tommie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #10
Ross 1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Odds are you won't do anything right or make her happy during the pregnancy, but she is about to give you the greatest gift you will ever receive. So nine months of banging your head against the wall and biting your tongue is a very small price to pay for a lifetime of joy with your new child. Enjoy
Ross 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The mother of my child is an awesome cook, but the only thing she could do in the kitchen wile pregnant is burn the house down, that part of her brain literally stopped working!
The other guys here are spot on, just say yes a lot, and throw in a "go lay down, anything I can do for you right now?"

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #12
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Is she nesting yet? You'll notice she's furiously cleaning and prepping and accumulating the necessities and as has been said, she'll be worrying about anything she's forgotten.
All you can do is batten down the hatches and hold on for the ride. You can try asking before you make any decision but that can backfire into "why do I have to think of everything?".
All you can really do is try to anticipate the obvious to minimise the blow ups, and wear a thick flack jacket.

Good luck soldier.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #13
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Make sure you drum into her the advantages of breast feeding. This will be helpful at 2am when the baby is crying. "No need for both of us to be awake, is there sweetheart?"
Old 24-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #14
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Just say Yes a lot, smile, and run around.

It worked for me.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #15
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

In my (very limited) experience, there is 3 ways to cope with a pregnant wife:

1. Stay as far away from her as possible during the nine months. You'll still be in trouble for not being there for her, but at least you won't have to put up with the nagging every non-working moment.

2. Tell her she's being ridiculous, and that she needs to suck it up. Depending on your wife and how bad the hormones are, this could work, but chances are it will only provoke her and instead of you deciding on option 1 above, she'll force it on you. Oh, and then you'll hear about it for the rest of your life.

3. Just roll with it. Accept that she's going through some pretty major changes to her life; massive hormone changes, future changes to her lifestyle, the prospect of a few months' worth of sleepless nights, PND, a lack of sex life, etc, etc, etc, etc and do whatever she asks whenever she asks without any comment back apart from "yes, dear" (and in the right tone!). Be part of the whole pregnancy experience. Attend ante-natal classes. Attend most medical appointments. Do the shopping and housework for her. That way she knows that you are there for her. In my (one child) experience, it actually brought my wife and I closer, and we had (and do have) a much better relationship as a result.

I know option 3 above all sounds SNAG material, but the option you take really depends on what type of relationship you have, and want to have, with your wife.

Good luck with it all, and make the most of the experience. I only had the opportunity to have that experience once in my life (despite many further attempts) but would go through it all again in a heartbeat.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #16
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
In my (very limited) experience, there is 3 ways to cope with a pregnant wife:
I've been trying to get my missus to that for years....

All I need to do is get her pregnant!
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #17
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Prepare yourself to become #4 in the house...baby/wife/daylight/husband.

If she doesn't have it, buy her the book 'Baby Love'. It helped my wife and I understand that what was happening was normal in most circumstances.

Don't listen to the judgemental BS of so many (I'm pointing the finger at you CS123) breastfeeding is great if she can make it work. My wife couldn't so we went to formula. No fuss, no issue, importantly, no blame.

Learn to count to ten before you respond. So many people have so many useless opinions, be supportive and when the baby is born, all the focus will be on the baby. It is normal to have mum feeling a bit overwhelmed. Take your partner a gift for her, a bath pack/foot spa sort of thing.

Have fun with it, all the things I was concerned about (dirty nappies, vomiting, sleepless nights) didn't matter and I never realised how a child fills so many empty spaces you have.

Good luck, I hope all goes well.

Oh yeah, one other thing: make sure she doesn't read your first post.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #18
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

think pregnancy is bad.......nothing prepares you for THE CHANGE OF LIFE!

roll with the punches, rejoice in new life......savour every minute......

congratulations, life begins.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #19
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthin' fancy View Post
Don't listen to the judgemental BS of so many (I'm pointing the finger at you CS123) breastfeeding is great if she can make it work. My wife couldn't so we went to formula. No fuss, no issue, importantly, no blame.
I took CS123's post as being completely tongue in cheek with respect to the breastfeeding thing. Hence my liking his post.

My wife had trouble breastfeeding as your wife did, nuthin' fancy. The pressure on new Mum's to breastfeed is absolutely amazing. There were so many people against my wife moving to formula so early, but my wife simply could not breastfeed. It was not good for our daughter and only caused my wife extra stress she did not need. Luckily, we found the right support network and went with what we knew was the right decision for us: my wife, my daughter and our family.

Forget what all the so called 'experts' tell you, and go with what feels right for you.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #20
cram_it_frog
wombat

This is my first child and I cant do anything right. How do you keep a pregnant woman happy

rule

women are always correct even when they are wrong

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #21
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You wait until you have been with them for more than 15 years omg. I have a motorbike so i can escape and not be in the same vehicle ;)
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #22
champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post
This is my first child and I cant do anything right. How do you keep a pregnant woman happy

rule

women are always correct even when they are wrong
Unfortunately, you cant. Hormone changes are a power on their own. Been there. U just have to try & read the signs & go accordingly.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #23
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
I took CS123's post as being completely tongue in cheek with respect to the breastfeeding thing. Hence my liking his post.

My wife had trouble breastfeeding as your wife did, nuthin' fancy. The pressure on new Mum's to breastfeed is absolutely amazing. There were so many people against my wife moving to formula so early, but my wife simply could not breastfeed. It was not good for our daughter and only caused my wife extra stress she did not need. Luckily, we found the right support network and went with what we knew was the right decision for us: my wife, my daughter and our family.

Forget what all the so called 'experts' tell you, and go with what feels right for you.

Craig H
Yeah it was just a joke;) In all seriousness learn to be a heavy sleeper though....

You will have a bunch of expert parents with all sorts of info that they tell you to follow but there is not one formula for it.

Funny that for your first kid you're all into doing things right. By the time the second one comes along you don't really care;)
Old 24-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #24
champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Is she nesting yet? You'll notice she's furiously cleaning and prepping and accumulating the necessities and as has been said, she'll be worrying about anything she's forgotten.
All you can do is batten down the hatches and hold on for the ride. You can try asking before you make any decision but that can backfire into "why do I have to think of everything?".
All you can really do is try to anticipate the obvious to minimise the blow ups, and wear a thick flack jacket.

Good luck soldier.
Wow! Exactly how it was at my house . Now, 10 yrs later, father & daughter are inseperable.
champ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #25
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wondering if you are interested in a trade, have wife with only two needs, money and jewelry, will consider cash adjustment your way for a quick sale!

Good luck with everything, try and enjoy the roller coaster ride!
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #26
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

RUN!!
Old 24-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #27
cram_it_frog
wombat

my ex went to peaces after the birth of our first daughter post natal depression life for a few months was made very uncomfortable

she finally got things sorted thank god

ask any women what it was like during child birth most will say fantastic

it is amazing how they forget all the sick mornings and pain once the child is born

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #28
CQB-241
Car tragic

Dear IH8HSV, there is one advantage. At present she can't get more pregnant.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #29
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grats IH8HSV. This is where you go from man of the house to Butler, then toy collector.........then one day self proclaimed Driving Instructor when the little one eventually gets his/her L`s. It ain't all that bad. Just a massive shock to your routine as much as it to her biological system. Just read through all the comments thoroughly and take as many pointers as you can. But remember, all woman are different so if Fred says '' Mi wife had a craving, so I got her bins of Nandos chicken, worked a treat''.... probably wont work so well if your wife is vegetarian.

But if you're waiting for the primer to dry on say..the front guard of your XA, then do something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXKOK_64ko
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #30
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Mate you are no longer relevant - it is all about her and the bub. Take heart it does not last forever so just learn to say yes a lot and be forgiving. All will be OK in the end and it will all be worth it.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post