Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 19-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LR Focus no acceleration

Howdy Folks, My missus's trusty 03 Focus has developed a rather bad problem, she was coming back from the shops this morning and it started to die on her, she managed to get it back home and i took it for a drive, It idles fine and revs in neutral no problem and when initially accelerating off it seems OK but after driving for half a k or so when trying to accelerate it just dies, still idles fine, doesn't cut out at all but just no acceleration, I could sort of idle home but give it any herbs it just dies back, not cutting out just very weak acceleration, Also I'm pretty sure i can hear some pinking that was never there before.
Thanks for reading guys, any suggestions?
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: LR Focus no acceleration

Dirty / failed MAF sensor?
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post