Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Angry with my local Ford dealer

This is purely tongue in cheek so please be forewarned...except for the last bit.

Our Terry is in for its regular service and my wife was expecting a loan vehicle....with the way things are now you have to take what is available and I was hoping she would be given a Ranger....as she slid out of the last one and fell onto the ground (5'2" tall) with some tradies nearby came running to help...and quietly chuckle....nothing broken just embarassed...and we still laugh about it...anyway she rings me and says she's got this little zippy silver thing with 20km on it and it's fantastic....an ST Puma.....and .. and.. and.. can I get a quote and can we sell the Terry...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 06:05 PM   #2
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Angry with my local Ford dealer

You're lucky. my Ford dealer uses AUs and BAs as loan cars. I'm just hoping that I don't get the AU, otherwise I might be looking around for a good second hand AU to purchase

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #3
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
You're lucky. my Ford dealer uses AUs and BAs as loan cars. I'm just hoping that I don't get the AU, otherwise I might be looking around for a good second hand AU to purchase
You're lucky to get that. My dealer has never offered one, nor given one when asked. Courtesy bus only.
Old 25-02-2022, 08:17 PM   #4
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is how the loan car system works in generating more sales.
It is a pity that most of them can't work it out.
CyberWasp is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2022, 08:30 PM   #5
GTMOND

Funny, my wife just had a Puma as a hire car through our insurance company, as our Hilux was getting some panel work done from a minor accident. She absolutely love it. She drove from Launceston to Hobart and return, and was getting under 6L/100k.
She said it was really great to drive. Getting back in the Hilux today, she said it's like going back 20 years.
GTMOND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 09:21 PM   #6
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now that mu service centre has changed to Hyundai (services my VF2 SSVR) ive had 2 services since then...

1st one - Loan car was double booked and gone already. They found me one of the "old" loan cars that had been sitting for a month. Couldn't find the key, couldn't get it to start when they did. 45 minutes later I ended up with a Demo Suzuki

2nd one - The car they had me booked in (new I30 hatch) had been in an accident the previous day to the point where the boot wouldnt open. Still demanded I take it.. Was an interesting day.

I miss when I had my FG XR6T. With the dealer I used (no longer around) the loan cars where a little like russuan roulette. In the morning they where all driven out and parked in 2 lines (no set order) and the car you got was whatever was at the front when you dropped your car off.. Generally Fiesta Sedan, Focus Hatch or Mondeo. Not going to lie, there was one or 2 occasions where I did a lap or 2 of the block until the Mondeo's where at the front of the line rather than a Fiesta...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2022, 10:12 PM   #7
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

On the recommendation of a friend, I booked my Mustang in for a service at the local Ford dealer he uses.

Fully expecting a loan car (as advertised), I get there and the service supervisor says, "Sorry Sir, we only give out loan cars Monday to Friday, and not on Saturdays".

The supervisor, could not explain why that was the case... Just the usual "company policy" rubbish.

Hmm.. Open for business on Saturday, happy to service my car, happy to take my money though

Never took the Pony back there again.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I should add when possible my dealer lets me drop off my vehicles the day before, late afternoon and then gives me the loan car so that I don't have to rush in the morning and they can start early on it...must be lucky.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMOND
Funny, my wife just had a Puma as a hire car through our insurance company, as our Hilux was getting some panel work done from a minor accident. She absolutely love it. She drove from Launceston to Hobart and return, and was getting under 6L/100k.
She said it was really great to drive. Getting back in the Hilux today, she said it's like going back 20 years.
To be fair even driving a brand new Hilux is like going back over 10 years. Drive a new gen Ranger after a Hilux and you actually feel like it’s 2021, and not 2008.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 11:19 AM   #10
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

My local Ford Dealer doesn't have loan cars................

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #11
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

I took my sons 2014 C180 coupe to the dealer for some module programming on a car trailer because it was un-licenced, they offered him a loan car while they carried out the repair, he looked at me puzzled at why they would offer, so I just said yeah why not, so he took it, a new A200 for the day to bomb around in.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2022, 07:05 PM   #12
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I really like the loan car program, I need to book weeks in advance to be allocated one but certainly takes the hassle out of dropping off / picking up a car. I don't have the time to be taken in the courtesy bus, which otherwise takes me on a tour of the town.

Have had a decent selection of cars over the years too. I asked for the EcoSport a few times but always ended up being put in something else, I really wanted to see how crap they actually were.

Everest didn't do anything for me -

LZ Focus S with the 1.5 Ecoboost was decent -

The next generation Focus was much, much nicer. A shame they are no longer available.

The Endura was far better than people gave them credit. Very nice to drive.

My Ford dealer also retails Honda's, I got the current CR-V once. What a disappointing vehicle. Honda are a shadow of what they once were.

The Puma was a standout, I loved this thing. Not my style of car but it drove very well and the little 3-pot was willing. I really, really wanted to wash it though to show off that beautiful Ruby Red paint.

On two occasions I have had Mustangs, both Race Red!

No prizes for guessing which is mine!

The 2019 was dangerous though! This one had the 10-speed and I wanted it bad!

Not often you get to have two Race Red Mustangs sitting in the same garage.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post: