Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #1
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..
Default Ford Advertising

: Well im sure everyone will admit, Holden is kicking our Azzes when it comes to advertising, The new "Hot" ad where the cars are just scorching that rain is another beaut from Holden. I really hope FORD get something better than that "You'd be popular too crap"
End Rant :

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Some of the new ones I saw on the weekend were pretty good. Better than the previous ones anyway.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Does Ford have a marketing department? or do they just ask the guys making the cars? (No offense at all to them)
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
Falchoon

There are a couple of new ads out already. One is a take-off of the John West ad shows a guy with a market stall full of transmissions and a customer is asking which one is the 6 speed and the other guy says something like "Ford came and bought them all for their new Falcon" and he is giving away free sauages with the ones he has left. The other ad which I haven't seen yet has a Falcon running around a slot car track with a blurb about DSC and TC.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

what is this Ford "advertising" you speak of?
Old 25-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like that SSZ ad too. Im guessing you can only get them in that blue colour they have in the ad? I love that colour.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wait until you see the new Territory ad.

The slot car ad is a good one, my four year old daughter got it straight away.
"Daddy, the blue car doesn't come off the track!"

That's my girl.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

What bugs me is the fact that people still think that Holden is the real Australian car.

The current one is a bitser from different parts of the world and is starting to be influenced from other countries. eg. Monaro. The new one will reportedley only have 55% of its parts sourced locally. Real Australian! I do support them because they employ Australians though.

Ford produces its own cars, own technologies and has it's own development. The real Australian car.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #9
drphil

I think Harold Scruby wateva his name is ruined it for Ford with the new laws for car ads and stuff. What happened to the funny ones such as "must be stuck in 3rd" and the ohter ute ones. Gotta love that magnet ad ;)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_br_johnstone
What bugs me is the fact that people still think that Holden is the real Australian car.

The current one is a bitser from different parts of the world and is starting to be influenced from other countries. eg. Monaro. The new one will reportedley only have 55% of its parts sourced locally. Real Australian! I do support them because they employ Australians though.

Ford produces its own cars, own technologies and has it's own development. The real Australian car.

Thats exactly right. The falcon uses about 80% aussie parts (well less now with the new six speep auto). But it's more aussie than holden, hell toyota is more aussie than holden!
Old 26-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #11
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
: Well im sure everyone will admit, Holden is kicking our Azzes when it comes to advertising, The new "Hot" ad where the cars are just scorching that rain is another beaut from Holden. I really hope FORD get something better than that "You'd be popular too crap"
End Rant :
i read the opposite on ls1au where they reckon fords advertising have had the edge for 2 years

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:37 AM   #12
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Thats exactly right. The falcon uses about 80% aussie parts (well less now with the new six speep auto). But it's more aussie than holden, hell toyota is more aussie than holden!
You're not wrong there, Toyota just bought a $7,000,000.00 4WD park in Victoria, not far from Ford's You Yangs place, for testing off-road capability on international models... Kluger, Prado, Landcruiser etc. Pretty good commitment to local industry if you ask me. And I can't say I'm one of Toyota's biggest fans.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #13
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
You're not wrong there, Toyota just bought a $7,000,000.00 4WD park in Victoria, not far from Ford's You Yangs place, for testing off-road capability on international models... Kluger, Prado, Landcruiser etc. Pretty good commitment to local industry if you ask me. And I can't say I'm one of Toyota's biggest fans.

Didn't they just finish upgrading their main office that cost a s#it load of money as well??
Old 26-10-2005, 01:54 AM   #14
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden ads are targeted at bogans, like free thongs.

The Ford ad with the transmissions and sausages is a tad dodgy, but the slot car one is a good ad.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #15
LTDHO
The one and only

We have the best ad ever.

'Chick magnet'

The rest are meh!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #16
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I think some Ford ads are good & some ads are...... not the best.
Old 26-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #17
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FORD Australia need to use the American ads..."FORD BUILT FOR THE ROAD AHEAD"
Much more sensible than "You'd Be Popular Too""
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #18
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Still I like the Thunderstruck ads & the Monaro ads...
Ford ... Get in there & show us how its done
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #19
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
End Rant :
I sent this one to Ford back in Jan and never heard anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Like this one? (Also sent to Ford in Jan)
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #20
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Holden ads are targeted at bogans, like free thongs.

The Ford ad with the transmissions and sausages is a tad dodgy, but the slot car one is a good ad.
Free thongs? Where? Got any in black?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #21
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Absolutely love the slot car ad. Although it does leave an opening for Holden supporters to suggest that the reason the car isn't flying off the track is because it goes too slowly....but it is still a great premise for an ad, that is made really well. I do however question the decision to have the kid racing the car frown at the very end. In every Holden ad (for example) they convey a feeling of excitement amongst kids, and I think it would have been a great opportunity for a "realisation" moment for the kid to think about it and then smile at how good the car actually is. Regardless though, I think it is a cool ad (it has a Viper in it!!!)

The second ad with the 6 speed auto is clever. Simple idea, possibly a little bit far fetched but I do actually like it and think it conveys its point well. At least we are seeing new, fresh ads rather than boring repetitive "Own the road" "Make your own piece of road" type ads.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #22
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Great slot car ad, shame the Ford is almost the same color as the Commodores used in the latest SS ad though.

I don't know why Ford keep pushing the overseas content and influence of their cars at the moment, with the Focus German engineers ad, and now this terrible German Kransky/6 speed transmission ad. Vot is rong mit Awstralian content?
Old 26-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #23
Focus_RS
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Well "Built for the road ahead" seems to be doing really well for Ford in the US at the moment.. : I think people fail to realise that the "You'd Be Popular Too" slogan is relating only to ford dealers, where as "No Boundaries" is relating to Ford Australia...

Although I'm sure that "No Boundaries" used to be the corporate slogan for Ford worldwide before "Built for the road ahead"??
Focus_RS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #24
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Ford's worst adds were the average family has 2.3 kids or what ever it was and any other adds with twerpy little kids in them. Holden adds with Skaife and those annoying know it all families have to top the worst car adds for tv right now!!

Good aussie car adds just need shots of it going along road, some visual imagery like storms etc and great music, preferably Australian.

I know this sounds like a Holden add, but picture weather warnings along south eastern Victorian coast, Typhoon approaching, stay in doors, show a satellite map of a storm and then zoom in to a Typhoon taking the corners of the great ocean road with ease. Someone famous driving it, maybe weather man Mike Larkham, would be suitable and song, still thinking about that....
VilkasBAMIIXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #25
Valknutr

kinda like the speeding ad were he is fanging it along the straight country road then BOOM truck out of nowhere and he wipes out that family??