Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BA XR6 Noisy Air Cond Fan?

Hi there
I sometimes seems to get a little rattle/vibration noise when it idle when air cond is on. Turn the air con off it goes turn the air con off & more often than not it comes back. Can any one shed any light in this from experiences in there BA? I had the dealer look for the noise at the 3k free service & they couldnt fault it but he said is the noise coming from underneath the car i said i wasnt certain. Ao on the service it said they checked the undercarage & all in order. I only discovered tonight the noise appears to coinside with switching on a/c & dissapears when swithing off.

Thanks

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
Old 31-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Dean C

Hi
I have an BA XR6T with a very similar problem, my noise comes from the passenger side, its been to Ford 3 times now for that problem and each time telling me its been fixed, there was a leaf ot twig caught in there. Then I drive away & it starts all over again. I have heard its a common complaint and the Ford dealers have a vague idea of whats acceptable.

Goodluck hope your fan noise goes away, mine hasnt.
Old 23-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
v8krissy
Starter Motor

air con fan bearings being noisy on mine. the ticking noise drives me nuts. and of course the dealer wont fix it under warranty.
Old 24-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
stevedunstone
Starter Motor

Default Ba Noisy Fan

My BA series 2 XR6 had noisy fan too. like a bearing whine -was replaced under warranty.
Closed Thread