Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-03-2006, 02:46 AM   #1
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Simple Mods to Improve Power/Response ?

Hi. Im looking for some minor(Relatively Cheap) modifactions that I can get done to my AUI Falcon that will help either improve power or its response.

Unfortuanatley getting a noisy exhaust is out of the questions with a baby hopefully on the way soon.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, not matter how small

Jeff

JeffAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 03:10 AM   #2
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Air Filter, Cold Air Intake, Exhaust & Dyno Tune (chip) would be the main 4 that spring to mind (some AU guys might have better ideas).

The exhaust upgrade doesn't always have to mean 'loud' either
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 04:20 AM   #3
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

If you want a balance between a quiet exhaust and one that allows a bit more get up and go - try a 2.5" cats back with a resonator and two mufflers. However having said that it's not exactly cheap.

The rest of the stuff has been discussed heaps already.
Old 16-03-2006, 07:13 AM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try doing a search....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
stock au
Need go fast bit's

buy an xr8 snorkel for about $35 from ford. It might breath a little better
stock au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Air Filter, Cold Air Intake, Exhaust & Dyno Tune (chip) would be the main 4 that spring to mind (some AU guys might have better ideas).

The exhaust upgrade doesn't always have to mean 'loud' either
Ok thanks guys, I know of an exhaust place in Parramatta Sydney, do you know of any good places to go to get the Air Filter, Cold Air Intake changed ?
Old 16-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkus
do you know of any good places to go to get the Air Filter, Cold Air Intake changed ?
You can do this stuff yourself , just a matter of unscrewing a few things and inserting the new parts , pretty easy stuff , plenty of threads on how to do it all to allready , do a search on it here in the fordforums , gl. Get parts from Supercheap Auto / Autobarn or even ebay or somehwere like that.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #8
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that. I will have a look at Supercheap Auto, however seeing as though I have real idea about cars/parts, What should I be looking for in a Cold Air Intake, and has anyone had one fitted to a AU I Falcon that they could recommend to me ? (How much extra HP/Response would I get)

I looked at a air fitler too. Is K&N a good one ?
Old 16-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The best mod is to get a 2.5 inch exhaust.Ive seen cars pick up well with this mod alone and the standard manifold.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #10
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Ok thanks guys, I know of an exhaust place in Parramatta Sydney, do you know of any good places to go to get the Air Filter, Cold Air Intake changed ?
Seriously dude, I'm a tard with doing any mechanical work but replacing the air filter and intake is seriously easy. Its basically two screws to undo and lifting the top of the air box off.

If you don't want to do it, any mechanic can handle it no sweat in less than 10 minutes.

As far as what to buy, grab a K&N/BMC filter and an T series/XR8 intake (larger hole).

Don't expect any miraculous gains tho. Fitting a better exhaust will do more for you.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #11
stretch
Krispy Kreme Donut Glazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkus
Ok thanks guys, I know of an exhaust place in Parramatta Sydney
Mate if you are really after a decent exhaust I can honestly reccomend Liverpool exhaust, I know a fair few people from the car club that have been there and loved th work they have had done.
But saying that they can be a bit pricey on some of the work, it just all depends on what you are after.

AU1 XR8 Silhouette lowered 18" wheels, T2 Leather, custom dash and a loud Exhaust. Sold

BA mk1 Gt Acid rush, Untouched, not no more it is lowered and has Black 19" fusions with a polished rim.
And now with some very dark windows.

Shopping car Ford Escape XLT V6 Sold

Shopping car now is a Mitsubishi Outlander
stretch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HEYA

I got a exaust problem fixed at "Parramatta Exhaust Centre", So im gonna get a 2.5" Exhaust fitted with Extractors, reusiing my current CAT and it will set me back $1000 in total.

I'll get a New Air Filter from Supercheap, and keep a look out for a Cold Air Intake. Im getting a Dyno before the work, and another after the work so it will be insteresting how much of a difference there is.

I'll post my result when I get them (Maybe when my tax comes back in)

Thanks all !!!! :1syellow1