Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default F250 diesel Impounded for huge burnout!

Black 346 on LS1forums, posted this link...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...07-421,00.html

chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #2
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

"The Ford utility was driven in such a manner as to cause both rear wheels to spin continuously, causing a large amount of smoke and noise," Sgt Twining said.

What on earth can you say to that... Hrmmm... WELL DONE CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!

A local Ford dealer said he was surprised a man had been hooning in a Ford F250

Let's just write something to fill some space right.... Surely the journo rang a dealer to find out their opion. Sheeesh.
Old 16-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

Thats awesome. I didnt even think those heavy lugs could even be capable of creating tyre smoke. :
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #4
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

"Marketed on Ford Australia's website as the ute that will 'Make short work of any task', the truck has a 7.3 litre turbo diesel engine, which produces a 'massive' 684Nm (Newton metres) of torque, comparable to 470Nm produced by a standard Ford ute."

Last time I looked the falcon ute didnt come standard with the barra 220 :togo:
Old 16-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #5
Scott

That's disgraceful, No Tasmanian should have a ute like that.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #6
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS_300_Coupe
Thats awesome. I didnt even think those heavy lugs could even be capable of creating tyre smoke. :
Believe me , those 'heavy lugs' have some power!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Oh yeah, one privelidge i've had is taking one of these monstrous vehicles in the 7.3 T/D. Coming out of a service station I gave it some stick and it crossed up on me for an easy 15 metres of tarmac.
They might be heavy but they have an absolute ИИИИe load of just pure grunt, in the wet they are ridiculuous if your under it.
The driver has my respect, what do you reckon we invite him to Summernats or similar??
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
the truck has a 7.3 litre turbo diesel engine, which produces a 'massive' 684Nm (Newton metres) of torque, comparable to 470Nm produced by a standard Ford ute.

The F250 wasn't actually laying rubber, it was tearing trenches in the bituman.
The new turbo diesels go quite well, i had to get across an intersection in hurry yesterday in my new 2.5 intercooled Navara (auto) it's the first time i put my foot to the board from stationary, i was quite suprised when the rear 255 tyres squeeled and let go, this is with tools in the back and heavy trailor weight on the towar.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 16-03-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #9
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
Believe me , those 'heavy lugs' have some power!
Was in one in the wet one day it was spinning into 3rd (Auto) not pushing it, so much torque, i can't imagine one after Edit it like doubles it power for $1400, unbeliveable :1syellow1
FPV8U is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #10
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The F250 wasn't actually laying rubber, it was tearing trenches in the bituman.
:
Old 16-03-2006, 07:27 PM   #11
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go the F250
Old 16-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:

The big girl smokes like a goodn. 700nm a bit above idle speed will do that. Ive seen an EFFY (XLT dual cab no less) do the biggest donuts known to man. Accept the bandag bullet.

Flash tune plus 4 1/2 " exhaust and these beasts will blow the doors off a stock GT across the 1/4.

Go the F truck ! Should have towed a boat at the same time. Hang on, donuts with a boat on, now that would be worth seeing...........

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #13
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Was in one in the wet one day it was spinning into 3rd (Auto) not pushing it, so much torque, i can't imagine one after Edit it like doubles it power for $1400, unbeliveable :1syellow1
Dead right! We had these in the Highways Dept. just before I left. In all honesty, 680nms is pretty weak really, considering its a turbo 7.3. If an edit could give 1000 nms, I'd join the highways agin just to play with the 250's.

Gold
Wokkas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #14
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL you got to be kidding right? They would churn more tyres than you would be able to fit to them!!
They would turn the tyres easier than most family sedans.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #15
rodderz

We drove one to Winton V8's a few years back, and the things go very well. It hardly rev's and you look down and you're already doing 100km/hr. Heaps of torque

The night before, we went out for dinner near Lygon St and the only space available for the huge length of the thing was partly covered by a full 4m rubbish skip, so we backed up to it with the towbar and pushed it further down the road....lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #16
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
The night before, we went out for dinner near Lygon St and the only space available for the huge length of the thing was partly covered by a full 4m rubbish skip, so we backed up to it with the towbar and pushed it further down the road....lol
: lol
Old 16-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Gold! Although with a truck that size you could of just parked on top of it, crush it like a Coke can lol.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #18
rodderz

Probably could of!

Only thing is th fuel consumption was rediculous, I'de imagine the capacity of the tank wouldnt be any less than 120Lt and a full tank went from melbourne to winton and had to top up before we got back to Melbourne
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #19
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
The big girl smokes like a goodn. 700nm a bit above idle speed will do that. Ive seen an EFFY (XLT dual cab no less) do the biggest donuts known to man. Accept the bandag bullet.
The Bandag Bullet is just purely and crazily amazing..... I have had the privelidge of seeing it do its work up close... (Car park of Bandag in Brisbane) and let me tell you.... It was purely amazing.....

F250 would catch a few cars off guard at the lights... they could wipe out a few V8 Sedanss off the mark to 60 i would say..
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #20
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

That is Classicly Gold!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 12:07 AM   #21
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
F250 would catch a few cars off guard at the lights... they could wipe out a few V8 Sedanss off the mark to 60 i would say..
Agree with u 100%, when i had my old sigma, this F250/350 was next to me, and that thing was freakin HUGE! when the lights went green, that thing just flew, i had no chance, but neither did any other car at the lights for that matter. I just sh*t myself when i saw such a big thing accelerate so fast, but i dont kno, maybe that thing had a few mods done to it, cus i cant believe a stock Fseries can go so fast... unless im wrong, which will make me sh*t myself even more
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #22
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out my post on the Chevrolet Kodiak. Imagine what burnouts that could do !!!!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 02:16 AM   #23
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I like the Title for the article: 'Monster' ute seized by hoon police.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 03:51 AM   #24
mick.wheelz

those F250's do go hard, there are a few around here. they destroy most things off the lights when driven right

there is even an F250 with spinners getting round bundy.
Old 17-03-2006, 03:58 AM   #25
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Well the second half of the story read more like ad for Ford. I guess you will find hoons in all type vehicles. I guess if it got wheels & a motor there will be a hoon some where trying to lay rubber with it.
Old 17-03-2006, 04:54 AM   #26
5L
[ 5L ]

my old mans mate has got one thats single cab and just the flat tray on the back coz its his work car for putting the bins of crabs onto and he let me take it for a drive and i coldnt believe how much power they have, and the turbo boosts up heaps loud on them, i popped the bonnet and the turbo is like the size of a t88, in street fords they had an article on em a couple of months ago that said with a new exhaust and an edit that they can run 12's or 13's one of the 2 all day long.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #27
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
They light-up surprisingly easily ... the 7.3 T/D V8s anyway.
I thought I'd load up the column shift auto for a good launch ... instead the rear lit up VERY well ... and I didn't have much pressure on the brake either.

OOOOPS
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #28
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Probably could of!

Only thing is th fuel consumption was rediculous, I'de imagine the capacity of the tank wouldnt be any less than 120Lt and a full tank went from melbourne to winton and had to top up before we got back to Melbourne
You must of thrashed it ... although the auto does use the juice ... I read somewhere the manual ... when cruising like a granny .. can get a range of just over 1000km from the 120L tank.

Then with the LPG additional conversion (whwere it is mixed with the Diesel) .... can increase the range to over 2000km ... but that's adding another 90-100L of LPG to the equation ... also better running and more power on the LPG (high compression and turbo .... hmmmmmm )
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #29
all4ford
XW 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
The Bandag Bullet is just purely and crazily amazing..... I have had the privelidge of seeing it do its work up close... (Car park of Bandag in Brisbane) and let me tell you.... It was purely amazing.....
Most of the other race trucks lay a better burnout than that puss box could do. I remember when it use to turn up to every truck racing meeting, only to be put to shame by the others, which could also lap fast and do 100mph.

Those F250s are crazy! If i had the money for one of them, without a doubt I would be driving one right now! :
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #30
The Monty
Just slidin'

Has anyone got a linky to a Bandag Bullet burnout? Ive seen them, they are just crazy.