Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
XE351B

Default annoying neighbors

i have just bought a ute from the auctions and the tie rod end was bent, thought ill fix it and give the car a alignment, the ute doesn't have the bumper and guards on it, as they were damaged i took them off............ took it for a drive up the street and back into my driveway,, no more than a 80 meter drive, when one of my neighbors decide to ring the local police station and dob me in for driving a unregistered vehicle..... the police come round in about 20 mins of switching of the engine in my driveway........ and ask me what i was doing driving it on the road,,

i explained to them that i was just getting it ready for a roadworthy and the only place i can check to see if it was all good, is up my street and back.......

they said if i was caught i would be fined. i apoligised to the officer and off they went..... no problems there....

i just can't see how i could have possibly disturbed anyone by driving my vehicle up the street and back...... if this annoying neighbor really had a problem with it,, why don't they just come up and tell me what there problem is...............

anyone have any similar storys???

XE351B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Hmm my neighbours a ********, damaged one of my cars with his whipper snipper (I no longer have that car thank ИИИИ), i went and approached him and asked if he could let me know next time he wanted to mow and i would move the car, he got all fired up and then started a ИИИИfight between himself, me and my father.

We had our spit that day and I told him to clean up his ИИИИING mess, as his property was a disgrace..

Next thing im out washing one of the cars one day and he comes up telling me that the water restrictions do not permit me to wash the car, I knew that I was within my rights as Brisbane city council were still allowing us to wash our cars as long as it wasn't monday, which is still the case till May im led to believe. Anyways he went on and on about it till I called the council on speaker phone, then after that was proven he went on about how I was a racist ***** and all this ИИИИ.

All I can say is neighbours are nothing but a pain in the ***, the next property I buy will be 10 acres or more where I cant even see my neighbours nor their bullИИИИ.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
the next property I buy will be 10 acres or more where I cant even see my neighbours nor their bullИИИИ.
Sounds like a good idea
Old 26-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i drove my car with no exhaust around the block(to make sure it would make it home from the exhaust joint, it went there on a tow truck)(car is registred)
no one complained and they had better not, after the F#$king dogs barking all the time and D$#kheads slamming doors and carrying on in the middle of the night i would have given them what for.

the 10 acre thing is more and more appealing if only i could afford it.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
buickman
buickman

Most neighbours are OK but you will get one that whingers about everybody in the street that has kids, dogs or car fanatics. But they forget that they do things themselves that annoy others. The woman 4 houses up from mine complained about my older son when his mates & him got their P's about driving fast & noisy cars. Threating to call the police until I apologised & advised her husband that when their children reach driving age they might do the same. Well it happened 8 years later & not only that the boys have no respect for their parents & often have loud aguments & drive of in fits of rage squeeling the tyres.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
well i drove my car with no exhaust around the block(to make sure it would make it home from the exhaust joint, it went there on a tow truck)(car is registred)
no one complained and they had better not, after the F#$king dogs barking all the time and D$#kheads slamming doors and carrying on in the middle of the night i would have given them what for.

the 10 acre thing is more and more appealing if only i could afford it.

10 acres is also becoming very difficult to find now to within 50 kays of Brisbane CBD, there are bits and pieces around but you certainly pay big bucks for such. Even 2 Acres would probarly make me happy, enough room to build a huge workshop for the cars and a good enough excuse to buy a ride on lawn mower.

I have to admit dogs seem to be a real problem in suburbia these days, I have a blue cattle dog thats 2 years old and I would seriously deal with him if he barked for no reason, hes great and only barks when somethings within the yard or one of the neighbours hits the colourbond fence, I can't stand dogs that bark for no reason.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #7
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

inshepp, we just got this thing called "dob in a hoon" and my ******* neighbours dobbed me in every day for a week, every day the coppers come over and yelled at me but they couldnt do a thing coz i was only driving my XD around my place (with no exhaust and i live on a farm) and it was always in the arvo... *** holes .... then another one that lives about 600mtrs up the road was tailgating me at about 11pm when i was driving home, so i gave the XD a squirt and got to about *** and she was STILL tailgating me! she got to her place and waited out the front to see if it was me, i turned all the lights off and turned in my drive... the next morning the cops knock on my door,
"we got a report u were doing about ***kms last nite"
" was i on camera?"
" no you were reported by a member of the public that seen you"
"they must have been doing it too to record my speed"
and they left it at that...
yeah my neighbours are *** holes !rant over!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Last edited by Laminge; 26-03-2006 at 10:21 PM.
[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 02:02 AM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep we have some tool heads next too us as well, some neighbors are just azz holes we have youngies across the road and along side of us they can`t communicate without screaming at each other, there mates turn up at all hours blow the horn all the way down the street every time they turn up or leave, pity about the gun amnesty, the ten acre thing sounds grouse
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #9
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

My neighbour is a tree-height Nazi.

I recently moved into a new place with a lovely "jungle" backyard. Huge tropical trees that are about 10 metres high. The neighbour (i found out later that the previous 3 owners moved out because of him) wouldnt give up complaining about the trees. He demanded we chop them down or else! They were not overhanging onto his property, his complaint was that they reduced sunlight. The last owner planted them because he wanted privacy from the nosey sod.

Needless to say I still have my trees............i told him if he chopped my trees down, i would chop his legs off. :evilsasmo
Old 26-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #10
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder

Needless to say I still have my trees............i told him if he chopped my trees down, i would chop his legs off. :evilsasmo
hahahahah i bet that shut the ***** up!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #11
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
hahahahah i bet that shut the ***** up!
He hasn't come round to ask to borrow a cup of sugar since then..........cant work out why? :
Old 26-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #12
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
He hasn't come round to ask to borrow a cup of sugar since then..........cant work out why? :
probably because he has no legs :voldar02:
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #13
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Neighbours... everybody needs neighbours...with a little understanding...
My neighbours and I have a really good understanding, if he looks at me i ask him "WTF are you looking at c#$t!!" :evil_laug I don't have anything to do with them AT ALL and for bloody good reasons to..
they stirred up my lovely dog to the point that i had to give him away to my brother inlaw just so he can have a better qaulity of life...eg not getting teased, sprayed with a hose and having beers cans and bottles thrown at him by the neighbour and his duckhead mates.
Picking up there broken glass bottles in my backyard, also they cut the top 6 inches off my colour bond fence with an angle grinder, without a string line.. and threw all the bits of steel in my backyard.
Also they have a problem that they must mow the lawn along my bedroom side of house at about 7.30-8am every sunday morning. It pee'd me off this morning cos i didn't get into the sack till 4am.
Stole redgum timbers that i sawn myself that i had stacked up air drying, cut it all up for fire wood. Sprayed round-up on my vegie patch.
But the thing that peeves me off the most, and I bet a lot of you can agree with this, IS THE FACT THAT THEY CAN BREATH OXYGEN! :
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

A lot of these people forget that they're there to obey the law too, not to enforce it. Their the first ones to complain when it doesnt go their way.
My neighbour's here are pretty good. Everyone keeps to themselves, without calling Police everytime someone does something that may be slightly illegal or annoying, but aren't above saying hi to one another either.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #15
XE351B

the 10 acres would be a great idea, but the thing i don't understand is how the police acted so quickly to a neighbourhood complaint, don't they have anything better to do............from the moment i switched my car off i think it would have been max 20 mins.....its just so annoying that someone in my street would decide to ring the police on me for driving at max 45 km/h, i was just checking if my wheel alignment was good, i even told the officer, if he had a better idea to do it,,, cuz i don't think i can get very far on my driveway.......
Old 26-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #16
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidxr6
.....................Also they have a problem that they must mow the lawn along my bedroom side of house at about 7.30-8am every sunday morning................
Thats your fault for not being at church! : :nutsycuck
Old 26-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #17
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonko351
inshepp, we just got this thing called "dob in a hoon" and my ******* neighbours dobbed me in every day for a week, every day the coppers come over and yelled at me but they couldnt do a thing coz i was only driving my XD around my place (with no exhaust and i live on a farm) and it was always in the arvo... *** holes .... then another one that lives about 600mtrs up the road was tailgating me at about 11pm when i was driving home, so i gave the XD a squirt and got to about 140 and she was STILL tailgating me! she got to her place and waited out the front to see if it was me, i turned all the lights off and turned in my drive... the next morning the cops knock on my door,
"we got a report u were doing about 150kms last nite"
" was i on camera?"
" no you were reported by a member of the public that seen you"
"they must have been doing it too to record my speed"
and they left it at that...
yeah my neighbours are *** holes !rant over!
I had something similar without the reporting side though. Bloke followed me tailgated me all the way home. I walked out front to greet him as I was about to beat the ИИИИ of of him! He stop out front but when I walked toward his car he took off in a hurry. I hate people who tailgate. Especially when I have my children in the car. I couldn't car lee if they kill themselves but leave me, my car and my children out of it.

[edit]My current neighbours are fantastic.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #18
MissGXL
MIS351

A couple of my neighbours are snobs! If they're out the front of their houses they'll stop what they're doing and watch me drive into the street and up my drive. I smile and wave, they just stare - it's so rude, better snobs than ****ers though.
MissGXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #19
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Neighbours are great. But I couldnt eat more then one.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #20
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Golly gosh,

you mean its not like the TV show???? e

What would be a real hoot if two of these posts were from people complaining about each other.

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #21
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XE351B
i have just bought a ute from the auctions and the tie rod end was bent, thought ill fix it and give the car a alignment, the ute doesn't have the bumper and guards on it, as they were damaged i took them off............ took it for a drive up the street and back into my driveway,, no more than a 80 meter drive, when one of my neighbors decide to ring the local police station and dob me in for driving a unregistered vehicle..... the police come round in about 20 mins of switching of the engine in my driveway........ and ask me what i was doing driving it on the road,,

i explained to them that i was just getting it ready for a roadworthy and the only place i can check to see if it was all good, is up my street and back.......

they said if i was caught i would be fined. i apoligised to the officer and off they went..... no problems there....

i just can't see how i could have possibly disturbed anyone by driving my vehicle up the street and back...... if this annoying neighbor really had a problem with it,, why don't they just come up and tell me what there problem is...............

anyone have any similar storys???
thats a fair statement and your neihbours sound a bit over the top . but you were doing the wrong thing . (no insurance no rego ) things can go way wrong in less than 80 metres . got to take some fault there too mate .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #22
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Neigbours can be an irritation to say the least. I distinctly remember one group, we were seriously considering how many bullets were needed. Crazy times. We ended up taking a more sane course of action to deal with an insane situation. But that could have real easily gotten very very ugly. In hindsight the whole situation could have been handled better from the outset, I'm wiser for the experience.

I try to see their point of view. They see you driving what may seem to them an unsafe car down the street where there kids might be playing. Not being the confrontational type they call the cops and let them sort it out. On the other hand some people just get really jacked if they see someone bending the rules and feel its there civic duty to make you stop.

Try to talk to your neighbours from the start, that way if they've got a complaint they can come over before getting all nuts about it. I've just moved into a new house recently. I'm a pretty quiet and considerate kind of person. But a couple of times I was spray painting not knowing the neighbours had a BBQ planned. He came over all steamed up. I could have belted him but where would have that gone, after all we've got to live next door to each other. So I invited him in had a beer and showed him the car I was working on. In ten minutes we had come to an ammicable agreement and have been happy ever since.

P.S.
You took the right approach with the cops. My last place the police decided to start paying me visits about every fortnight. They just wanted to check that I wasn't stripping stolen cars or getting up to any mischeif. I think a neighbour reported my activities to the police. I could have gotten all cut up about police harrassment. But I was friendly and there was no bad blood generated.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #23
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had issues with 2 lots of neighbours regarding a fence, and fence height.......

One neighbour, lived in the neighbourghood for 40 years. had a 2ft wire fence that was falling apart.... When i built my pool, i paid for a 6ft wooden fence... He suggested that i build it only 4ft near his windows, to ensure enough light gets in to his house, and his garden. (mind you, our house is about 5-6 metres tall, 2 metres from this fence) He then wouldnt pay because he said I didnt do a good enough job on it, around the parts where his shed was (Had to pre build panels on ground, and lift into place) got one set of measurements wrong, and there was a 2" gap under the bottom of the fence..... Anyway, his solution to this problem has been avoiding me for almost 4 years. My solution to this problem is to renovate/extend my house due to an expanding family as far as i can within council regulations on that side of the house....... Plans are drawn... looking for builders

Back neighbour with the fence, had a bbq near the fence, while we were swimming, and was yelling out "We Sat here and drank beer, and watching then build the fence, and now they expect us to pay" Thats pretty harsh... .But would have been funny if he had have ended up paying....

Anyway, I say God Bless being one of the first "Young" Families to move into our street.........
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #24
XRated
Shoot.

Mine aren't too bad. Both sides have no tress. But what annoys me most, is that one side demanded we cut some branches off a tree that was over hanging in their backyard (very small tree). Well we didn't have to - by law we don't have to, but they can throw the clippings over our side. But mum is too damn forgiving and had it done. Those same neighbours steal OUR shade from our lovely big gum trees on the nature strip and use the fresh oxygen that all our trees and plants produce. Argh. Get your own damn oxygen!!!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #25
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

The couple across the road from me are a real pain in the ***. The husband has a very angry XA GT Coupe and a '77 C20 Chev truck with a 350 and 3" exhaust the whole way through. The missus has a HQ GTS four door with a 400 Chev and a VN Commodore that's only running a 6 but isn't really all that quiet in it's own rights.

Not only that, but it's almost like you can't walk out into the street when they're outside without having to stop and have a chat for a couple of minutes, which normally ends up turning into a couple of hours. You wander outside and give a polite wave, then end up standing out the back of their place in the shed around his XA sedan project drag car talking, laughing, telling stories, picking up tips.

And to make matters worse, they've got a four year son who yells out "Hello!" and waves everytime he sees you.

It's just such a pain in the... Oh, wait... Ooops, sorry, my neighbours are awesome. Carry on.

Mind you, we're the last houses in our street, so we don't associate with anyone else, except for the bloke up the road running one mighty tough XE, a rough-enough Capri (year and model, not sure) and has the Cleveland powered Capri in the shed.

I wonder what everyone else in the street thinks of us. Hmmm...

Although, we have had some pretty ИИИИful neighbours in our time.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 05:29 PM   #26
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We back onto the bush. Our neighbour's a red bellied black snake. He was in here yesterday wanting to eat the rabbit. The cheek of it!
Old 26-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #27
XE351B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
thats a fair statement and your neihbours sound a bit over the top . but you were doing the wrong thing . (no insurance no rego ) things can go way wrong in less than 80 metres . got to take some fault there too mate .

that is true, i was in the wrong........ i shouldn't be driving it up the street. but like i said they could have just come over and said something if they had a concern that i may hit one of their kids..............i have lived in the street for the past 17 years, im only 19. i may not be as wise as some of you older guys, but i do know what common courtesy is. i can't afford to take the car to a mechanic on a tow truck and get it towed back just to get the wheel alignment done......... you can see it from my point of view.
Old 26-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #28
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Were on 6 acres and can only see one of our neighbours. They arent too close but close enough that if we need to get in touch with em we can. Only had a few dealings with them but theyre pretty nice people.

Told the bloke we were havin a party and thered be music and drunk teenagers and he was all cool. He always has his music blaring which you can kinda hear if you go outside. But its all good cos he has a good taste in music. Nice fella.

His missus is a nice girl too. Had some car trouble one day so I tried to give her a hand but her battery was cactus. Nice sheila.

The other neighbour weve only met once and we cant even see there house. theres about over 5 acres of bush between us. Its great. Means when we crank over the 202 in the torrie, with the 3-4 foot, 2.5-3 inch exhaust no one complains. bloody fantastic. I love livin in the bush.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #29
FPV329
Workin' for the BOSS

Hmmmm...I might just mention gents that some liquid chlorine in with the fuel seriously screws engines!

It takes a little while, not very easy to diagnose or discover and I'm sure makes you feel very, very satisfied next time you see your "favourite neighbour".
Old 26-03-2006, 08:15 PM   #30
Jet-Star

^^And you'v done that have you?
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post