Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
jameseybuddy
06 Focus Zetec Owner

Red face Decent Ford Dealer

I can't believe it. I was meant to pick up my brand new Focus Zetec tomorrow, but the dealer picked up a slight fault in the polish of the paint, so they are putting it in to get re polished.

Everyone on this forum said to watch out for the inferior paint finish. Lucky my dealer picked some up before hand!

Still want my car now though!!

jameseybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default New Focus . Ordinary dealer

My Focus was a pain in the rear end!
Got it from Harrigan Ford. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT GIVING THEM YOUR BUSINESS!!!!
Ordered a 06 built Focus LX hatch
They gave us a 05 car and when we realised, 1/2 hour later took it back where they tried to convince us it was technically still an 06 because it was comlianced in 06. BUT , thats not what we ordered , and when we did order it we were given the option of buying an 05 model at a cheaper price but declined stating we wanted an 06 which was whats on the contract.
ie. they have failed to honour a contract and then threatened us we'd lose deposit and some other amount if we pulled out of the deal.
Told them we wanted our old car back and the cheque back till we got our new car. (1 month later.)
They cashed the bank cheque the next day after we told them 3 times we wanted it back.
That is a very short summary of the deal. Like trying to get blood from a stone. BIG TIME
So got the car home and ater 1 week noticed both rear doors have panel ripples ( can only see it from a small angle but once you notice it there is no mistake) , and the swirl marks on the paintwork are horrendous. Its a titanium gray colur.
Its also now not starting properly, Sometimes needs 10 - 15 secs of cranking to get it to start.
Anyway , I have no doubt they wont accept the fact that the quality is s@$thouse, so instead of wasting my time at the dealership Im telling everyone this: They dont give a toss about customers.
Hopefully one day a decent dealer principal wil take it over and get some pride back in the FORD name.
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
FRA
Mr Focus

Here a little story about me and my ford dealers
I had my Ford Focus for a 1 year and a few months and 1 day I went up the rear of another car.
The hood was alright, just a little bit bent.
When it rains hard, my front left hand side get wet and the odd time it becomes a pool.
Sometime my dash goes off and then my horn doesnt work at all
Have a guess what my Ford dealer told me when I drop my focus off to get it look at???? my car was under warranty
We couldn't find anything wrong with the dash, you'll have to go to some 1 who knows auto wiring
Our 2005 hatch just gets 400 to a tank of fuel and the brakes went on there way out after 13000km in 9.5 months
No 1 at Ford can give us the right answer into why we arent getting enough kw out of a tank of fuel
half a tank on a 2.0L zetec, you should around 200 to 250. fuel tank 420 up to 470

Heres a Question for everyone
what Zetec model is faster, sedan or hatch????
2003 sedan with 15" stock rims or 2005 hatch with 17" WRC oz racing rims, both cars are 2.0L auto
if you were thinking of the hatch, then think again.
my 2003 sedan is faster off the line and has better bottom end for some reason.
I haven't done anything the engine, only a air intake system. Ive been told be ford that the 04 and 05 computer is different and the wiring, I think its been under performance is the answer
I know my 2003 sedan would give the 2006 duratec model a run for its money, thats how good it is
Ive heared from a few people that there not getting enough fuel out of the tank on there 2006 duratec.
I don't know if we'll get another Focus, we like the new CC Fcous coming out. It won't be out for sometime
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #4
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had nothing but good things with harrigan ford, in fact everyone i talk to about them is nothing but happy with their level of quality and service, also the build date is not the year model of the car it's the compliance date
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
shepv8
V8's for ever

Nope, build date is the date it rolled off the line, and is on the Ford motor company of South Africa sticker near drivers door.
Compliance date is the date Ford motor company of Australia had the vehicle
comlianced in this country. This sticker is on driver side rear door for 05 built models and next to the built date sticker on 06 built ones.
The first they gave me was built Dec. 05 ( I know, its only 1 month ) and complianced Feb. 06.
It may well be "classed" an 06 model but the problem was, we were asked specifically if we were interested in an 05 built car at a "whopping" $500 less.
We were very clear that we were not, hence why the contract clearly stated 06 built
06 complianced

Suzuki motor bikes are similar: my 2002 model GSXR is built in 8/01
Old 28-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still... no reason to get up harrigan ford about it, there's enough of a wait on the car's as it is without people sending them back because of one month
Old 28-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #7
FRA
Mr Focus

I agree with you 100% here
If your contract clearly stated 06 model and built, thats what you get.
Is there anything different 05-06 Duratec models?
Old 28-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
shepv8
V8's for ever

what do you mean theres no reason to get up harrigan ford ???
They supplied us the wrong car. ie breach of contract
Then threaten to take our deposit and percentage of sale if we pull out of contract.
Have some salesman not even involved in the sale try to pressure us into keeping the car.
Offer us nothing for the inconvenience which I wont go into, but was quite involved. eg. work security pass details, wasting a days annual leave at the dealer cause they didnt ring me back like they said they would etc.
Cashed our cheque AFTER we told them 3 times we wanted it back ie more cost and inconveniance ( we had to cash there cheque then get another one made out to them when our car finally arrived)
This is by no means the full story.but...

I dont know about anyone else but I wanted to see more of a gesture from them that they appreciated my business and patience. ( a loan car would have done)
$ 28500 isnt chump change
The salesman handling the case did the best he could .I believe.
Really I was dissapointed with upper managements role. ( and that of nosy salesmen not involved with the deal)
Do you know someone there ?? you seem to be getting annoyed by my comments on this.
Rest assured your annoyance pales compared to mine...
anyway , moving on....
Old 29-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #9
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
Do you know someone there ?? you seem to be getting annoyed by my comments on this.
Rest assured your annoyance pales compared to mine...
anyway , moving on....
yes i do my brother and several of my friends work there, and i know they wouldn't purposely try to do this to you, unless someone from used cars was on the wrong side of the yard one day lol
Old 29-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #10
shepv8
V8's for ever

Im certain it wasnt a deliberate act.
It was simply a screw up which wasnt handled as good as I thought it should have been.
Consequently, I saved someone else the same hassle, because upon checking, another vehicle was going to be sent out the day after with the "same build" date issue as mine.
Like I stated before , Craig at harrigans did the best he could in a messy problem. The trouble was managements response.
I used to think great things about Harrigans. I bought my 2nd hand XR8 off them, which is why I went back to them for the focus. Once again in that situation, the salesman Barry was fantastic. Unfortunately , for some reason a manager thought it necessary to get involved in the deal, and made a comment to Barry ,in front of us which was downright low. I felt really embarrassed for him. Seems that management may have the wrong attitude......
By the way, the XR8 had to go back after 3 weeks to get the power radio areial replaced and, power window switches cleaned, ( I hadnt heard of this forum at that time or I could have done it myself ). I took 4 hours the day before detailing the car, thinking if it was spotless that they would look after it. Wishfull thinking
I knew it had been driven somewhere the moment I saw it when I went to pick it up. Brake dust on front wheels and road dust on lower panels. When I checked the speedo it had 29.6 extra kms on it ( I always check speedometer when I leave my car somewhere ) and best of all, a big mac wrapper in the passenger footwell. I dont eat mcdonalds. Ever.
All this to clean window switches and replace a radio aerial.
All the supervisor could say was " mate Im very sorry "
Yep , Im getting used to hearing that.
If you've had no hassles with them best of luck to you,
Im only sharing my experiences.........
anyway, the only thing you get by looking back is a sore neck.
Old 29-03-2006, 10:15 PM   #11
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Sorry... not wanting to hi-jack the thread or anything... if I do just ignore this post.

I'm curious... if they drove it 29 kms to Maccas and happen to prang it on the way... what happens then? Who's insurance covers it? Yours or the dealers?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
owens

What's even more interesting is that from Harrigans to albion park maccas isn't 15kms... so that's not the only place they went.
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #13
amlohac

Hope you ИИИИИed about it to them. If it was me i wouldnt be paying for the labour. What jerks.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #14
FRA
Mr Focus

I bet you were sitting on the rev limiter after that?
I know I would of been.
Must of been a holden drive to do something like that...LOL
Old 30-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #15
shepv8
V8's for ever

you got it in one OWENS.
someone had some fun in my car. Maybe they went to maccas in dapto, or figtree, or.......
Obviously I offended ZETEC20 with this post , and I didnt mean to offend anyone,but there can only be so much hassle dealing with a company before you voice an opinion
Old 31-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #16
FRA
Mr Focus

I would say so.
I agree with you 100% here.
They shouldn't of been driving your car outside the workshop yard.
So do you want fries with that...lol