Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-03-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
FordFan86
meow

Default Live Music

OMG, nothing beats it...it's been ages since i've seena live band (last was meatloaf). Last nite i went and saw greenday with simple plan as the cover band, they were excellent. Tonight i'm heading out to see mark knoplfer (dire straits guitarist/singer), im hoping he plays some of his old classics from dire straits. I'm also hoping to go and see R.E.M on april 6th.
What bands have you people seen live and what do you plan on seeing in the near future? so far i've seen ACDC, Deep Purple, KISS, Bob Dylan, Status Quo (2x now), Meatloaf, Greenday.. that's all i can recall right now.. also seen bands/artists such as simple plan, living end, ani difranco, screaming jets as the cover act for the main artists.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #2
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Sweet Bro, I think they're heading or have already been here, shoulda took a camera man.
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

AC/DC Pink Floyd, Supergrass, Paul Kelly, Barnesy, J.Diesel,Faithless,Butterfingers,Blink 182,The Jets, Screaming Jets,And few more at the Big Dayout
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
crispy

I went and saw the green day concert aswell It rocked!. It was one of the best concerts I've been too.
crispy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
i went and saw greenday with simple plan as the cover band, they were excellent. Tonight i'm heading out to see mark knoplfer (dire straits guitarist/singer), im hoping he plays some of his old classics from dire straits. I'm also hoping to go and see R.E.M on april 6th.
Oh get nicked. Thats awesome, I would kill to see Mark Knopfler. Greatest guitarist alive.

I have seen Cold Chisel, Screaming Jets, Shannon Noll (why?) and Farnsy.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2005, 10:08 PM   #6
danege

All the good bands from BDO 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.

Plus a few others...mainly local australian acts that come up through rockhampton... such as jebediah, silverchair, grinspoon and such.
Old 14-03-2005, 03:04 AM   #7
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Give me details on the greenday concert. It's been like 8 years since theyve been to Adelaide (er i think) Been dying to see them as I love greenday live.. for some reasonI didnt go.... Stupidity maybe.

Seen a few good concerts.
Live
Matchbox Twenty (4 times)
Pearl Jam
Alanis Morissette
Garbage

Favourite live band = Horsehead (former melbourne pub rockers)
They opened for Live, Metallica, Alice cooper..
Absolutely awesome and certainly hold their own from a small pub to a major stadium.

Want to see REM, will almost definitely be the last time they come to Adelaide as they havent been here since they toured for the monster album (add to that they said they were stopping it all @ the start of 2000)

Some other bands that i may never see, Bon Jovi & Def Leppard, both seem great live but may not have the energy left for a full world tour before they die.

Cannot wait til Disturbed return to OZ, hopefully to more than just Sydney & Melbourne this time. They dont know that they'd sell out the more popular stadiums here.
Old 14-03-2005, 07:12 AM   #8
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFan86
OMG, nothing beats it...it's been ages since i've seena live band (last was meatloaf). Last nite i went and saw greenday with simple plan as the cover band, they were excellent. Tonight i'm heading out to see mark knoplfer (dire straits guitarist/singer), im hoping he plays some of his old classics from dire straits. I'm also hoping to go and see R.E.M on april 6th.
What bands have you people seen live and what do you plan on seeing in the near future? so far i've seen ACDC, Deep Purple, KISS, Bob Dylan, Status Quo (2x now), Meatloaf, Greenday.. that's all i can recall right now.. also seen bands/artists such as simple plan, living end, ani difranco, screaming jets as the cover act for the main artists.
Geez.. if I listed all the bands I've seen I'd be here to next week. :P For around 10 years, I was seeing about 15 bands a week :sm_headba, these days the band scene sucks so I don't get to see anywhere near as many these days. Lucky if I see 1 or 2 a week.

Dance club/mindless dancing on chemicals has taken over big time and while small pockets of resistance pop up from time to time, they don't last for very long. Last decent one I saw was probably Slipknot but I preferred Anthrax when they came out last. I'm hoping Slayer tour again as that's easily my favorite live act.

You know that buzzing noise you feel when you get home from watching a band? I have that permanently! Keeps me company...
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:19 AM   #9
paul7v7
bring it on

Dillenger Escape Plan, Marilyn Manson, The Melvins, Fantomas, Tomohawk, ISIS and this includes all their support acts which incl the likes of the stockholm syndrome.
Old 14-03-2005, 07:21 AM   #10
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

The last band I saw live were Live (lol). I have not seen many, but that's cos I was always broke as a teen and got married and had kids young. So I am only now starting to get back into it. There is a small list but I feel I will forget someone, I am sure.

A-Ha, Farnsy, Boom Crash Opera, U2 (with BB King), Billy Joel (while preggers), then not much until Live. Oh I did see John Edwards but he's not a band and he didn't pick me :tool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 06:56 PM   #11
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
Give me details on the greenday concert. It's been like 8 years since theyve been to Adelaide (er i think) Been dying to see them as I love greenday live.. for some reasonI didnt go.... Stupidity maybe.
OMG it was ****ing aweSOME!!!! one stage they got some people up opn stage and had them playing the instruments while the singer sung (duh) damn boulevard of broken dreams was awesome.... played "holiday" and before the songs he said "this one's a big F&*K YA to george dubya bush" played time of your life, when i come around... all the classics.... man i loved it
and then toped it off with mark knopfler... omg.. romeo and juliet, so far away, money for nothing, sailing to philadelphia.... sultans of swing, ummm he didn't do private investigations tho :(
i would love to see REM (going to save up some more cash and get some decent seats) woulda love to see metallica, iron maiden, U2, pink floyd, live (they tour pretty often, still yet to see them), pearl jam... anything worth it... py: i wanna see jamiroquai too... man i could go on forever... just have to keep in the loop with who's coming, i'll be able to save for anyone if i wanna see em bad enough

Last edited by FordFan86; 14-03-2005 at 07:01 PM.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
AdzT3-146
own the road

I've only been to a few concerts, Creed, Cold Chisel, Blink 182 & The Offsping.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6

Some other bands that i may never see, Bon Jovi & Def Leppard, both seem great live but may not have the energy left for a full world tour before they die.
Don't write them off yet, I thought the same about Cold Chisel, then they did the Last Wave tour then Ring Side a few years later. Both tours were awesome!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #14
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool thread!

Ok Ive been to a few big day outs (so seen plenty of good bands there).

But in terms of stand alone concerts -

1. Tool (my fave band - seen them twice)
2. Metallica (twice. 1st at the BDO, then a day later at Bris Ent Centre)
2. Pearl Jam
3. The Butterfly Effect (seen them heaps - local Bris band that is awesome)
4. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
5. The Mars Volta (awesome stage show)

Plus some other good Aussie bands like Grinspoon, 1200 techniques, Silverchair.....etc.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2005, 11:56 PM   #15
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

saw george thorogood live a couple of weeks ago and he was awesome. in teh last couple of years i have seen blondie, bowie, bryan adams, rod stewart, chris isaak and a couple of 70's and 80's shows (i get teased mercilessly about that. chris isaak was the best all round entertainer, but all shows were excellent.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 12:08 AM   #16
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

some awesome bands have been seen by you guys... wish i had seen most of the ones already listed...

sadly, i haven't seen that many,

Metallica - twice
Steve Vai - fantastic
Malmsteen - over the top, can only handle his music in small portions.
Powder Finger - awesome
Bic Runger - my wife is half kiwi - so that's why i was there, but she was surprisingly very good.
Pete Murray - before he made it on the radio.

Heaps of local bands when the scene was all that much better a few years ago.

was away when Creed was here, really wanted to see them.

Going to Joe Satriani on Friday.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 02:01 AM   #17
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Simply the best band Live i have ever been to - The Living End. Never seen one venue so pumped.

Blink182 are so crap live, any cover band could do a better job you would think - but the show was excellent and I'd see them again too!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #18
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Dave Matthews Band (Who ???! is the response I normally get) is doing their first tour of Australia this month and I'm spewing because all the tickets were sold out in a couple of hours. Ah well, maybe next time if there is one. They are an excellent band.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 02:55 PM   #19
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Jem you saw Malmsteen?

OMG I so want to see him, even though his music isn't all that great, boy can he PLAY! Brilliant, just brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post