Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Advanced Driving Schools

Hey All,

I was just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with some adavanced driving schools in Victoria? The reason I ask is because I want to give my GF a present that is actually useful, because the way she puts that Barina through corners sometimes is worring; because if it was my car she would be facing the other direction...lol :

Shes actually not bad overall, but I think she (like everyone) would learn alot through a good course. She as already done the AMMI one, but even a monkey could do that.

I presume she will be using her car so maybe the off road courses can wait, but something where they drench the road and make you stop within certain area's would be good.

So yeah, anyone know of any places in Vic that would be good for the novice?

Cheers.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can tell that this is going to be a controversial thread, but...

In my opinion as a driver trainer, try DECA Training (03) 9318 0044 in Altona North (no, I don't work for them), but they are very good with novices. Ask for Rob E. or Peter K. to be trainers.

They won't take her on a race track, but give her good skills in normal traffic situations, and they will give her sometime on a skid pan.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

hmmm, will you be wearing full body armour when you give her this present? You may want to invest in a cricket Box at the very least....
Old 04-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

haha she enjoys driving and we planned to do one together, but Id rather she do one on her own first.

Chronicle - were abouts do you teach?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 04-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #5
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Polyal, clear out your PM box. I am trying to send you a PM, but you can't get it coz your inbox is full
Old 05-04-2005, 12:05 AM   #6
shane3
FPV GT 0915

The john bowe driving courses are really good, I have done the drive to survive, advanced driving, and the high performance course, at Calder park and at the end of the day I came away with some thing that I didn't know or hadn't learnt in the 13 years of driving cars and 6 years of riding bikes, If you don't want to get hurt by insulting her driving skills or lack of, maybe you can both do the same course and have a good laugh at each other??????.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..

Last edited by shane3; 05-04-2005 at 12:08 AM.
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle
Polyal, clear out your PM box. I am trying to send you a PM, but you can't get it coz your inbox is full
sorry about that..didn't know it kept sent itmes aswell :/ All clear now
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane