Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 28-10-2006, 02:12 AM   #1
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default keeping busy before springnats!

well heres my list of things to do before springnats!

- black pop plates, big one on back and slimline on front
- dye the interior roof material black
- get some ED XR6 badges for the side under the tickford badge
- give the callipers another coat of red paint
- fit XH snorkel when it arrives
- kevlar 6.5" splits for the front
- touch up any interior scratchs of black
- take the grille of any spray it over to fill in all the black spots where paint has chipped away! also touch up little marks over the bonnet
- paint the black bits on the bottom and around the windows black, just to make it blacker and look newer
- thinking about painting the red stripe around the moulds gloss black like the sprints, sick of the red!!

i'll be lucky to get half of that done so i'll leave it at that!!

cheers

Old 28-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Cool, that means you can make 10 more threads when you're about to start each thing, then post another 10 when you're part way through, then another 10, after you finish each mod.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 28-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Psycho Chicken
Banned

You need a poll so you know what order to do them in.
Old 28-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #4
nicko_bud

Come On Guys ease up... I cant believe it from just reading the wheres thanatos thread

And now reading this..

I take my hat off to BradensEBxr6... At least he is enthusiastic about his eseries which after reading some of the posts i think alot of people on here have lost that..

Since joining in May I have "leeched" a wealth of knowledge form most users on here and have starting making the EA the car i want... I stole BradensEBxr6 headlight idea ( sick mod BTW dude ) and OED666 has helped me amazingly with advice and assitance with the AU Engine. and sifting through the forums getting a ideas to start from.

Maybe everyone needs a kick in the ***... Have we grown so childish and immature that we post comments that discourage people from posting on here or dimming thier enthusiasm?? Can you say Street Commodores anyone??

If you dont like a thread, don't post... or if you think the thread could be better suited in another section post it or get in touch with a moderator..

and BradensEBxr6.. keep up the good work champ.. Love seeing what ur doing to the beast and the transformation..cant wait to see some pics.. thanx for posting

Nicko
Old 28-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'm plenty enthusiastic about my N-series. Mindless threads about 5 minute mods just kill it though.

Wait, I'll go fit my AU XR8 snorkle then post 3 threads about it. Sorry for not following the trend. Hell I fitted thermos the other day, there's a few threads in that. I don't think I made a thread about lowering it, that's gotta be worth 7 or 8. Then I'll just post up some threads about planned mods than everyone knows will never happen cos I'm a uni student with no job who can barely afford food, let alone a turbo.
Old 28-10-2006, 10:38 AM   #6
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
I take my hat off to BradensEBxr6... At least he is enthusiastic about his eseries which after reading some of the posts i think alot of people on here have lost that..
I totally agree, this was very well said. Do you blame the people that have lost a lot of their enthusiasm (Myself Included) though? I do more serious stuff to my car every weekend than what Braden listed, but I don't make threads telling people I might paint the trims around the windows, or wash the car, or change oil, etc etc. You know why? Because no-one really cares, and it's a waste of forum space.

Quote:
and BradensEBxr6.. keep up the good work champ.. Love seeing what ur doing to the beast and the transformation..cant wait to see some pics.. thanx for posting
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people modifying their cars, but for gods sake, we don't need to hear about EVERY planned mod, and the fact he probably won't even do them.

Quote:
Maybe everyone needs a kick in the ***... Have we grown so childish and immature that we post comments that discourage people from posting on here or dimming thier enthusiasm?? Can you say Street Commodores anyone??
Maybe so, but who will decide who the mature and immature ones are? And what kind of action do you suggest?

Old 28-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #7
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Well said Aaron and Rob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 28-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
nicko_bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
I do more serious stuff to my car every weekend than what Braden listed, but I don't make threads telling people I might paint the trims around the windows, or wash the car, or change oil, etc etc. You know why? Because no-one really cares, and it's a waste of forum space.
Thats Not the point I was getting at... I think it was just a general windge... ive been working 16hrs straight so my brains not up to the big thinking yet. :P LOL

i dunno i LOVE this forum!!! but like has been said by a few peopletheres been a decline in the thread quality.. whether unneccisary bitching or unthoughtful posts... but did anyone think to tell braden this?? Something like "dude what ur doing to ur cars saweet but so people car focus on the things ur doing y not but it in the projects page so people who are keen can look in on everything uve done" etc etc... Isnt that far more productive that baggin the guy out for being enthusiastic??
Old 28-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #9
nicko_bud

Sorry if ive offended anyone... just thinking that there may have been a better way to tackle it then bag the guy out...
Old 28-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #10
Tiga_EL
Banned

Awesome..
Before springnats im going to clean my car,
Vacuum the interior
Pump the system for giggles
But im not going to springnats.
Old 28-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #11
Sundeep
Banned

Nicko bud I'd like to say that for the 92 posts that you have mate you talk a lot more sense than a lot of the newer members here.

Hope to see you posting more of your thoughtfulness around this place to help it get cleaned up to how it used to be.

Sundeep
Old 28-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #12
nicko_bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Nicko bud I'd like to say that for the 92 posts that you have mate you talk a lot more sense than a lot of the newer members here.

Hope to see you posting more of your thoughtfulness around this place to help it get cleaned up to how it used to be.

Sundeep

I just think its common sense sundeep...

I just think with a lot more thoughtfullness before people start threads and post in them, it would be for the best for all.. Before i ask a question i search like crazy to see if its been up before so im not wasting my time and members time by reposting..

I just feel for braden... He has put alot of time and effort into his car (as alot of us have) and he was mearly showing us his achievements and asking for feedback etc.. is that a crime worth bagging??? i think not..
Old 28-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Cool, that means you can make 10 more threads when you're about to start each thing, then post another 10 when you're part way through, then another 10, after you finish each mod.
fine mate if you dont want to know about my car than you wont have to, just for you i want post ANYTHING about my car for as long as i desire, just to keep you happy since you'd rather post in threads wondering where people are and oh, happy birthday......
for christ sake this is a car forum so stop being such a tool.
enough said...
Old 28-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #14
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

I presume you're referring to the 'Where is Thanatos' thread, which I didn't post in, so I'd appreciate it if you got your facts right before shooting your mouth off.

My birthday was 3 weeks ago, but thankyou all the same

Isn't there a 4WD (better still, B-Double) you should be out brake testing?

Old 28-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #15
EDXR6T

Quote:

O.M.G.R.O.F.L!!!!!!1!

Pointless thread's suck. Go strap a turbo on or dump it. Then im sure you will get some Good input;)....

What Aaron said is true The drop in quality thread's these day's is sade.
Every time i jump on and read a "Should i buy a skyline" And this thread just bores the hell out a me. I used to come on hear for a good read Now i find myself entertaining my self by Posting sh|t..:P

So sorry mate hope ya get some decent thread's going in the future
Old 28-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #16
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
I presume you're referring to the 'Where is Thanatos' thread, which I didn't post in, so I'd appreciate it if you got your facts right before shooting your mouth off.

My birthday was 3 weeks ago, but thankyou all the same

i was meerly saying theres threads on here that arent even car related, shouldnt they be the the bar section???
get over the brake testing thing mate, i am so theres no reason why you shouldnt be.
i think its funny how you always seem to be at the firing end of arguments and seem to think your a moderator. countless times have a read posts from you where your slagging off at people. if you dont like the threads i make then dont look at them, im not worried if you never post in my threads ever again, no loss to me, acutally it'd be more of a gain as there'd be no arguments.
Old 28-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
i was meerly saying theres threads on here that arent even car related, shouldnt they be the the bar section???

The where is thanatos thread was car related. It was asking about his mods, which were very worthwhile and interesting to hear about.

Planned mods should stay in your head.

I plan to drive my car to the shops later on but Im not gonna go make a thread about it.
Old 28-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #18
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

and happy birthday threads are car related?? why not just send the birthday boy or girl a pm? or txt him or her. i dont want to read a thread that just says, happy birthday, happy birthday over and over again.
ok normally i dont care but since everyone else is sooking about this thread than i may as well sook about other pointless threads.
people keep saying the forums arent what they used to be. if thats the case than make it what it "USED" to be, the forums are like a party, its only as good as YOU make it.
can a moderator please lock this thread so no one can post here. thanks.
Old 28-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #19
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
people keep saying the forums arent what they used to be. if thats the case than make it what it "USED" to be, the forums are like a party, its only as good as YOU make it..
The problem with parties is that there is always some people who ruin it for everyone else with their crap.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #20
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

jesus christ in the time since i have joined these forums i have never seen a worse display of what the club is supposed to stand for. I though we were supposed to support each other on here? Not dish out on some bloke for wanting to share his pride and joy because he is stoked about it. Decrepid guys. If he wants to post what he wants then he can, u dont like it then dont read it. It really is that easy.

Nuff said.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #21
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz_Gremlin
jesus christ in the time since i have joined these forums i have never seen a worse display of what the club is supposed to stand for. I though we were supposed to support each other on here? Not dish out on some bloke for wanting to share his pride and joy because he is stoked about it. Decrepid guys. If he wants to post what he wants then he can, u dont like it then dont read it. It really is that easy.

Nuff said.
THANK YOU!! you know mate the problem with these forums is that theres either a s h i t load of undercover moderators or theres just too many people thinking they are moderators. like i said before...no one will have to put up with my "pointless and boring" threads anymore because i just wont make any, unless of course i WANT to.
like Juz_Gremlin said, we're meant to be a club.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #22
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
enough said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz_Gremlin
Nuff said.

Are you two the same person?

Quote:
no one will have to put up with my "pointless and boring" threads anymore because i just wont make any, unless of course i WANT to....
That doesnt make such sense buddy.
Old 28-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #23
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
like Juz_Gremlin said, we're meant to be a club.
How about acting like a representitive of the club then, instead of another stereotypical Australian car driver/bogan. How are we meant to be taken seriously as a car club with our forums full of threads like this? Maybe we could have a seperate forum for the 'gunnas', gunna do this, gunna do that.

I can't wait for HRT to dominate V8SC again, it might keep some dickheads out of Falcons.

Old 28-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #24
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

I'm going to put my Falcon on bags.

Oh wait...
Old 28-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #25
SwarvJarv
Ea Falcon S

hahaha...what a thread....
i havnt been on here that long, but in the time i have been on here i have always got the 'RIGHT' advice and information, people can learn from these forums...
really i had no idea.....

But not only have i learnt but its given me the oportunity to share my ride with everyone and to let everyone have an opinion on my ride....

BTW man, painting the faded black bits(trims) around the car and the boot garnish and the wiper guard makes a huge difference....give er some good clear coats....

My list is:
Get Ps2 system and screen in....
Make Pod encloser with bonnet scoop...
Do thermo fan and serpintine belt conversion....
Finish Prado bumper(one day)...
Then onto the head work...

Jarv
5 speed Manual
Motivator Headers with 2.1/2" RedBack system
XR x GT Hybrid Body
15" 'Snowflakes'
90' GL Interior
Custom Black Vinyl Roof
Custom Console Lid
9" LCD + PS2
Boss CD/MP3 head unit 50x4w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
I was considering chucking on a full Kappa tracksuit but reconsidered :P
Old 28-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #26
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
How about acting like a representitive of the club then, instead of another stereotypical Australian car driver/bogan. How are we meant to be taken seriously as a car club with our forums full of threads like this? Maybe we could have a seperate forum for the 'gunnas', gunna do this, gunna do that.

I can't wait for HRT to dominate V8SC again, it might keep some dickheads out of Falcons.
keeping dickheads out of falcons, i hope your talking about yourself there because your the one whos being a ******** here. maybe some people like to know what iv got planned for my car, even if it is only little quick mods. i know i love hearing what people are wanting to do to their car, thats part of the forums mate and if you dont like it than go stick it. and : are you trying to get at, ...'another stereotypical australian car driver/bogan'???

if your too embarressed to talk about your car and share mods and future mods then you be that way, BUT DO NOT TELL ME THAT I CANT DO IT. i dont know why your even driving a ford because your personality reminds me of one of those f**khead commodore drivers, you know the ones who are laid right back in their seat with one arm on top of the steering wheel with their arm as high and as straight as it can go, while leaning to the centre of the car etc etc.
like i previously said, this isnt the first time iv seen threads turn out like this from your cause.
fantz shows all his new mods on his eb fairmont, so why cant i?? sorry to bring you into this fantz, i love how you show all your new mods and tell us about your car. every time i go into the show 'n' shine section and i see fantz's car up i cant wait to check out what he's done to it, even the really minor things.
not everyone has a s h i t load of money to play around with engine mods to bring out over 200kw at the wheels. since im at tafe and only working part time i can only afford to do little mods and only occasionlly bigger mods. but at the same time i love my e-series and i love coming on these forums to show it off and check out other peoples rides.
Old 28-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #27
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Are you two the same person?

That doesnt make such sense buddy.
dosent have to make sence, i was pis s ed off!
Old 28-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #28
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you will notice Fantz doesnt create a thread everytime he does something.

Maybe you should chuck up a project thread with your car in it?

You can keep everything you do in the one spot like Fantz does. Ive done heaps of crap to my car over the last few months and its all in one thread for all to see.
Old 28-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #29
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

see now whats wrong with posting something like that in the first place? instead of all this bull s h i t has gone on over trivel crap. honestly i hadnt even thought of the project page. and honestly i cant see whats wrong with making new threads, seriously is it a crime? or is it against the forums rules?

just for the record i just viewed a thread, "i just ate a banana!" i couldnt care less if this thread isnt car related, its random but then i see you, dansedgli, posting in there continuinng with the thread, so please tell me why you have a go at me for this thread when you just muck around in the other thread? please explain i'd love to know.
Old 28-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #30
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The banana thread was a **** take of threads like this one.

I find threads like this amusing. See the link now?