Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:13 AM   #1
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default Aussie Fords Photo Gallery Site

Hi People,

I've been getting back into a couple of things i was working on months ago. First one being the AFF Screensaver, which i'll try to get a new release of pretty soon. Other thing is i've been working on a photo gallery site, based on Australian Fords. I won't go into details but i'm using a MySQL script on my website, and have been changing quite a bit of the code to make it work a bit more to my liking.

I've put it as a subdomain on my personal site. I'm looking for people to send in pictures of their past & present Fords, to add to the collection. I automatically remove rego's, so let me know if you want them kept on or not. I'm looking for decent quality photos (as in resolution) that ideally would be a minimum of 900 pixels wide.

CLICK HERE FOR THE SITE

If anyone would like to send in some pictures of their cars, please send them to mrcrackers@gmail.com - also include a bit of info on your car in the email, as in year, series, mods, plans, etc etc. I just use AFF nicks in there, but if you want your real name there let me know. I will eventually set up user accounts where you'll be able to do all your own uploading/comments/ratings etc, but until then i'm uploading all the pics myself, just to start with.

Once your pics are on there, i can provide you with a direct link to your gallery, which you're welcome to link to in your sig here or wherever. Also please note that even though it's an "Aussie Fords" website, i still have a sub-section for imports ;p

I want this site to be a comprehensive illustration of Australia's Ford heritage, so i'm after a vey diverse range of cars. No Ford is too slow/dented/stock to show! Email away!

Thanks,

Chris. :

Old 08-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Chris,

Let me know if you want some DC pic's.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 08-12-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

Feel free to use photos off my website.

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

Old 08-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i'll say YES and ALRIGHT to both those posts respectively :
Old 08-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

you have full access to my photobucket account chris... I'll pm you the linky

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 08-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Site updated again. Once again guys, i won't be activating the user accounts for a while yet, once i've sorted all the permissions and everything out, and got the site 100% stable. I've had a few requests come through for accounts, they'll be activated all in good time. In the mean time, i will uload all your pics for you!

Thanks for the response so far, there are a few cars up there now, with quite a few not up yet as i'm needing further details.

Guys when you email me your pics and info, please include your AFF USERNAME so i can put it as the name of your album.

Ideally i require the following information about your car(s)

1) model / series / year / engine / colour
2) mods you have done / have planned
3) details of obvious mods, as in wheel size/model, bodykit model etc.
4) KM reading
5) AFF username (and real name if you want that there)
6) i remove plates by default, let me know if you want yours left on

The bigger the pics the better, i can scale down with little loss, but i can't scale up without serious loss of quality.

EMAIL PICS TO mrcrackers@gmail.com

Thanks guys, and i hope you're enjoying the site so far.

cheers

chris.

CILCK HERE FOR UPDATED SITE
Old 09-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #7
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Ok we're going pretty well here, i've now got 99 images happening. Keep the interest coming! I have a big collection here still of people's pics they sent me for the AFF screensaver. Can you people let me know if you want me to just use those pics for the gallery site ?

CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED SITE

Still got plenty of room for more pics, so don't be shy people.

thanks,

chris.

Wayne: send your LTD pics
Old 10-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #8
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

several more cars added, everyone who has sent me pics now, your pics are added. thanks for the response so far people.

UPDATED HERE
Old 11-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

updated again :dj:

CLICK HERE
Old 11-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #10
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey man.. Feel free to use my pic's..

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ter%20Respray/

1) 1994 ED Ford Falcon Futura - August 1994
2) Various little mods not worth noting..
3) Velocity Blue Respray, 19" Koya Octanes
4) ~280,000km
5) Roosta - Nik
6) Leave the number plates..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 11-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #11
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA
Hey man.. Feel free to use my pic's..

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ter%20Respray/

1) 1994 ED Ford Falcon Futura - August 1994
2) Various little mods not worth noting..
3) Velocity Blue Respray, 19" Koya Octanes
4) ~280,000km
5) Roosta - Nik
6) Leave the number plates..

Cheers,
Nik
Will do. Just to confirm, you want me to leave the plates ON yes ?
Old 11-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #12
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Yeah.. I have never seen the point of removing the plates from pic's.. I mean seriously people..

Cheers,
Nik
Old 13-12-2006, 03:15 AM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Ok i have more than 200 images up now, the site is expanding nicely. I have also configured the user accounts section, so everyone who has applied now has access. New accounts can be created by clicking "Registration" on the top left side of the page. Reigstration allows you to upload pics yourself, and provide information for each pic. It also allows you to make comments on other pictures on the site. Voting can be done by registered or unregistered users. No images you upload will be seen until i've approved them, along with your comments. Instructions on formats for posting can be found in the "POST NEW PICS HERE" section for registered users. Once approved, i'll move your pics to the appropriate category.

Of course you can still just send me the pictures at mrcrackers@gmail.com with the details of your car, year, model, series, colour, mods etc, and i'll add them for you.

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATES

thanks again,

chris.
Old 15-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #14
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Updated - 253 pics now, including some great shots of recoil's XA Coupe restoration.

CLICK HERE
Old 18-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #15
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Site updated again, 329 pics and counting. I still have a few cars submitted which aren't added yet, it all takes a bit of time! Starting to get a few T series and older muscle cars up there which is good. Remember your car doesn't have to be special to add, it can be a stock EA GL for the record. If it's Aussie, it can go here. Even if it's not aussie, there's a sub section for imports.

There are NO XE's so far, and only 1 BF (mine!) Also id love to see some pics of the XK-XT series up there. Either way i hope everyone's enjoying it, it's receiving a few hits which is good to see.

I'm trying to track down FBT owners as well, and if anyone knows any owners of T3 TL50's, get them to send pics! :P

CLICK HERE FOR THE SITE
Old 18-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #16
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Looking good crackerjack

That Landau, :sm_drool:
Old 18-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #17
Dezza
Parts bin special

Fantz, I've sent you an email

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 18-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Looking good there, especially that AU2 with the stroker... :hihi:
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 19-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #19
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

thats a very organised site. good effort, when i get my digital camera fixed or a new 1 i will take some pics and send them

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Old 21-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Well i've done a bit of work to the site, changed a few things around. I'm still working on a few sections, trying to make them as straight forward and accessible as possible. I've split the "GT" section into "pre 1998" and "FPV". I've also added some shots i took at Sandown in September 2005. Thanks again for the contributions thus far.

The following people's cars feature in the new banner logo i've created for the site:

mrcrackers (BF & EB)
AUTE50BILL (BA GT)
ELGT146 (EL GT & XR Fairmont)
TZENU (XY GT Mockup)
Noddy (TS50)
freaky (F6)
fairmont1998 (EL Ghia)
auslandau (Landau)
recoil (XA Coupe)
Laminge (TS50)
XRENVI (XR6t)
Jondalar (BF XR8)

I will change the featured cars around from time to time as they come through to me, and when i have the time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE SITE

There are still no XK's, XL's, XM's XT's, XB's, or XE's. Anyone with cars in these series who would like to send - fire them my way! Again, all cars are welcomed, and they don't have to be modifed to qualify for display. This site is for any Aussie ford, even some imports. Send pictures (inside and out if possible) to mrcrackers@gmail.com with details of your car, as in year, series, model, motor, options, mods, your AFF username, along with any other information you'd like to display.

Thanks again, and i hope everyone's enjoying it.

cheers

chris.
Old 21-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #21
ORSMEB
Steve

Looking good Chris
Old 22-12-2006, 12:45 AM   #22
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

thanks mate

People i just wanted to add i still have 21 cars to add, so if you don't see your pics there never fear, they'll be up soon.
Old 27-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #23
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Site has had some movement, i've now registered its own domain, as there's been a bit of interest so far, so i thought i'd give it a decent link. So, below is the new link! 477 images now on the site, with about 20 cars still to go on. Thanks for the support people, and let me know if you have any feedback. A forum has been created there now, which i'm working on but haven't finished, it'll just be there to answer FAQ's etc, i'm not taking anything away from AFF!

www.aussiefords.com

If you want your car added, send pics to mrcrackers@gmail.com with details like year, series, colour, options, mods and your alias etc, or sign up on the site and upload.

cheers everyone, and happy christmas/new year.

chris.
Old 27-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #24
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i got the your account is inactive an email will be sent soon with the confirmation as to when your account is up and running

i still havnt received it but my account is running lol

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 27-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #25
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas
i got the your account is inactive an email will be sent soon with the confirmation as to when your account is up and running

i still havnt received it but my account is running lol

jason
weird. well either way if it's working it's working :P
Old 28-12-2006, 12:44 AM   #26
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

wow first time i checked out the site, looks really neat!! good stuff. nice little coments there on all the pics!! you have my PM from yesterday too.
Old 28-12-2006, 01:43 AM   #27
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
wow first time i checked out the site, looks really neat!! good stuff. nice little coments there on all the pics!! you have my PM from yesterday too.
thanks mate. your pics are now up.
Old 28-12-2006, 01:59 AM   #28
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

The site is looking really good Chris.
Great job.
Old 29-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #29
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Thanks mate. I'm thinking of possibly adding a paypal donation thingo to help out with the hosting costs and time i put into editing and uploading (just upgraded the hosting plan to something bigger) but i'm by no means going to leech people for money, i enjoy making it as much as most people enjoy viewing it

Site updated again, still got a lot of cars to add, now 30! haha. There are now 514 pictures up, with plenty of room for a lot more. Videos can also be added (small ones).

Click below for URL.

www.aussiefords.com
Old 02-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #30
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=77111
Closed Thread