Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Sapper
Back to the AU

Default Victim of Ford Dodginess

Well, my mate bought down an AU Series 3 XR brochure to my place which was really cool of him. Anyway, just flicking through the options list and I noticed that the VCT's came standard with a factory six stacker. Well, there's no factory six stacker in mine!

AAAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

I wanna drive down to Thomson Ford right now and belt them over the head with the nearest 2x4!

VCT guys, have you been dudded too?

Old 29-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps there meaning of the 6 disc stacker to be the factory fitted headunit with 6 disc capacity. Granted, mine did, but I had the optional premium sound package but it's all out.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #3
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
Well, my mate bought down an AU Series 3 XR brochure to my place which was really cool of him. Anyway, just flicking through the options list and I noticed that the VCT's came standard with a factory six stacker. Well, there's no factory six stacker in mine!

AAAAAAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

I wanna drive down to Thomson Ford right now and belt them over the head with the nearest 2x4!

VCT guys, have you been dudded too?
My series 2 vct ute had 1 and had a bit of trouble with it,especially cold mornings, and know of quite a few others with dramas jamming disks,making horrible noises etc.......,I rescued my CDs a few times having to pull it out of the dash .
They arent that good........... go buy an after market head unit,will sound better and should actually work more often than the ford unit.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
plext
Forum Director

They have done you a great service. The AU six stacker is a device spawned in some bizarre, obtuse netherworld where the playing of CD's is considered a social faux pas of the highest order.

Go and thank the good people at Thompson Ford for saving you the cost of hair replacement, because this is where ownership of one of these anti-players would take you.

They randomly eat CD's or spit them out depending upon flavour, sun spots, and/or planet alignment. When they do decide on their one special day a year to actually decode a disc and play music, it will jump more frequently and more enthusiastically than a five year old who received a trampoline from santa.

It would ruin your life and people would start to avoid you, the cost in psychotherapy incalculable. You really, really don't want one of these things.

Not that I'm bitter....................
plext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
They have done you a great service. The AU six stacker is a device spawned in some bizarre, obtuse netherworld where the playing of CD's is considered a social faux pas of the highest order.

Go and thank the good people at Thompson Ford for saving you the cost of hair replacement, because this is where ownership of one of these anti-players would take you.

They randomly eat CD's or spit them out depending upon flavour, sun spots, and/or planet alignment. When they do decide on their one special day a year to actually decode a disc and play music, it will jump more frequently and more enthusiastically than a five year old who received a trampoline from santa.

It would ruin your life and people would start to avoid you, the cost in psychotherapy incalculable. You really, really don't want one of these things.

Yup, that about sums them up perfectly.
How they managed to have one of the best single disc players and easily the worst 6 stack player in the same model,,from the same manufacturer.. astounds me to this day.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Yup, that about sums them up perfectly.
How they managed to have one of the best single disc players and easily the worst 6 stack player in the same model,,from the same manufacturer.. astounds me to this day.
I was blessed! I had the radio cassette player with the cd controler built in. I bought the Alpine 6 stacker, had it installed and hooked into the system; beautiful.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #7
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had an in dash six stacker and never had a problem with it. Only reason I took it out & sold it is to upgrade
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 12:32 AM   #8
peterban
AULTD

I think I am stuck with mine ( still working O.K. touch wood ) as the Sat Nav interacts with it somehow with a 4 pin plug.
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 02:17 AM   #9
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I was blessed! I had the radio cassette player with the cd controler built in. I bought the Alpine 6 stacker, had it installed and hooked into the system; beautiful.

GK
i got one of those head units.. but need the stacker to go with it.. but don't know where i could get one.. or even if i can use my kenwood unit i got laying around...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
i got one of those head units.. but need the stacker to go with it.. but don't know where i could get one.. or even if i can use my kenwood unit i got laying around...
Any JB HI FI will be able to help you out. It's an Alpine unit CHM S630. They work a treat!

All the best with it.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 30-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #11
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers mate... will look into me thinks...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

i was shocked when i was told that my newly purchased Au2 XR8 reaching 160,000kms is still on its original 6 stacker head unit...........

had my previous ute from 50,000 to 100,000 and had to replace it 3 times
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #13
Sapper
Back to the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext

Why would you be bitter? :

Maybe they have done me a good service. However, I don't like people optioning down my car. There is also a chance (possibly a very small chance) that it could work correctly. Besides, I really want an in-dash 6 stacker.
Old 30-12-2006, 12:08 PM   #14
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

assuming youve had it from new?
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

[QUOTE=FalKeen]i was shocked when i was told that my newly purchased Au2 XR8 reaching 160,000kms is still on its original 6 stacker head unit...........

SSHHhhh.......... so is mine ............ :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't be too concerned about it... the ford cd players are terrible anyhow.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #17
blue terra
au=gold

I got the S1 6 stacker which is under the seat. works great :thebirds:
blue terra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #18
HLC
Audi S3

well my 6 stacker died the other week.. but a day later, it started working again, playing all my burnt cd's :the_finge

granted it is the 2nd (that i know of) 6 stacker in the car...

my mums fairlane has had i think, 4 now :
Old 30-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #19
MRJUCY
Fordless

I haven't had a problem with mine, no way I'd go to a single disc player or a seperate stacker. I hate aftermarket headunits why do they always have to have such stupid little buttons & be so fussy & messy.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #20
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot xr6
Errrr.....no, it was an option mate regardless if it was a HP/VCT or XR8 in AUIII.

Have a closer look at the brochure.
Old 31-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #21
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

If you havnt had it since new then you cant really complain to the dealer now can u. I seem to think that ford stackers generally have a life of 6 years, the 6 stacker in my old XR6 died just as the car was 6 years old, now the one in my TE is bordering on being run over by me. Id prefer to replace it with another ford stacker as i do like them dont like the look of aftermarket units
Old 31-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #22
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my AUII XR6 ute the 6 disc stacker is standard, this is also in the the AUII and AUIII ute brochures, XR sedans maybe different?
cheers
Bill.
Old 31-12-2006, 04:20 PM   #23
Sledgehammer
Banned

We have the 6 stacker in our VCT ute, and its jammed a few times, wont turn on, wont eject sometimes and oh ive forgot the code a couple times thats always fun inputting the wrong code for a laugh.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #24
XEESP_351

my XR8 III only has single disc..the first owner was a cheap skate
XEESP_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 02:08 AM   #25
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Got mine with premo sound, stacker was buggered. Fortunately for me the local sound system place knew what was going on and fixed it for $80. Cheap repairs = good stacker lol.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #26
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M
In my AUII XR6 ute the 6 disc stacker is standard, this is also in the the AUII and AUIII ute brochures, XR sedans maybe different?
cheers
Bill.
Yeah a little different.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #27
Markcapri
Starter Motor

I have a 2001 AUII XR8 and the 6 stacker is buggered. (after 20,000 k's)
I have had it repaired a number of times now so I am keen to replace it with an aftermarket unit.

I would hope to buy something for around $500.

Does anyone have the model of a CD player that is suitable and fits without too much trouble??

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
Markcapri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #28
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

My 6 stacker in dash is also not loading discs, but everything works fine. Have been told they are dodgy from the factory, might just install an MP3 player.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #29
GK
Walking with God

I just would hate to lose the steering wheel mounted controls that's all! Units that can run an infra red remote can have an adaptor that allows the use of the controls though. At $150 for the adaptor alone, it's not cheap though!

Maybe Jaycar has something cheaper though!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 02-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #30
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Looks like I'm one of the minority here.

My 6 stacker (with tape deck) has never had any problems.. untill someone tries to put some of that Country Music @#$& into it. Then they and their CD/Tape are out the door!