Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #1
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Default Textralia Clutch for AU V8

My car will be use as a test bed for the TEXTRALIA clutch for the AU V8 you will find more info below. Stayed tunned as this will be done early this year.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=79471
Cheers Mark

ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what i read in that thread Mark, it might pay to have a couple of spare drive shafts. :eclipsee_ :
Will be interesting to see the differance.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wondering what impact it will have on the old windsor engine harmonics. They are externally balanced engines with fly wheels being matched. Be interesting to see if discarding the match balance item and putting a heavy static weight on changes any harmonics.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by howesy
Wondering what impact it will have on the old windsor engine harmonics. They are externally balanced engines with fly wheels being matched. Be interesting to see if discarding the match balance item and putting a heavy static weight on changes any harmonics.
What makes you think this setup would not have the flywheel setup to suit our externaly balanced Windsors? Seems like a pretty std thing to me.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
From what i read in that thread Mark, it might pay to have a couple of spare drive shafts. :eclipsee_ :
Will be interesting to see the differance.
Yes i think that i will need more than a couple of spares
Old 30-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Hey everyone,

Mark has kindly donated his car for our continued development for all things FORD from textralia, thanks again Mark.

The real beauty of these clutches is that they are built and designed to save your driveline. You will now have the ability to slide or ride the clutch out of the hole to gain traction thus saving your driveline. I would'nt be concerned about driveshafts at this stage but time will tell i guess.

One of the worst things you can do to any driveline is "shocking" it into motion.

The little windsor will love the way the clutch is applied.

Regards Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #7
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Always willing to help with development for the Ford AU and thats good to hear about the drive shafts sounds like i'll be able to make it to the start line on my first run in the future
Old 31-12-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
56L
a.k.a PAULY

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
What makes you think this setup would not have the flywheel setup to suit our externaly balanced Windsors? Seems like a pretty std thing to me.
Howesy was probably referring to the 5.6 litre windsor,when these engines were built the crank ,harmonic balancer,flywheel and pressure plate were balanced as one unit before fitment to the block,remembering the 5.6 balance is different than the 5.0 balance.Hence the $1000 diference in flywheel replacement cost from ford.

After my first replacement the engine was never as smooth as it was with the original clutch assembley.These engines were also blueprinted and fully balanced so they reved out very smoothly compared to the 5.0L so when something was slightly off it is reasonably noticable.

I have tried asking around to see what part ford mostly took material off during balancing but with no luck.If it was the crank it would be no problem as you can get the pressure plate balanced on your old flywheel or if a replacement flywheel is needed it can be balanced to match your old one.

If they took wieght off the pressure plate during balancing once that pressure plate is replaced the balanced is out ,not much but still out slightly,my pressure plate was marked with a green line from the factory that lined up to the flywheel remembering the pressure plate can go on in several positions unlike the flywheel

I am going to internally balance my crankshaft and use a neautral balanced flwheel to end all my small balancing problems
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #9
56L
a.k.a PAULY

Keep us informed about the new clutches as i will get one,definately need a good clutch thats easy on the drivetrain as my diff in my pursuit 250 exploded into pieces yesterday : and locked in the middle of the street :

If the boys need a 5.6 for a lend to trial out sum clutchs give me a yell,will be speaking to craig @ace for some advice on a new diff setup
1947 ford thames tipper V8 21 stud flat head
1939 ford beer barrel truck V8 24 stud flat head
HZJ diesel ute
HJ47 diesel ute
56L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #10
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Hey everyone,

Mark has kindly donated his car for our continued development for all things FORD from textralia, thanks again Mark.
LOL I feel sorry for you Craig. You do realise you're taking on a psychotic blue-blooded maniac!! :Up_to_som :P
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post