Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
JayD

Default First "Real" Drive of the fiesta

G'day all.
Just wanted to let you all know, I'm new to the fiesta, my wife and I just traded the old ef falcon wagon for a 5 door Zetec 'fez' for her to get to work and pickup the kids from school. We've had it a month or so, but as she was asleep after a night shift last night, I packed the two boys in the car and gave it a run, from Bacchus Marsh to Gisborne, up the Calder to Woodend, then down thru Blackwood and Greendale, before heading home along the Western hwy.
I must say, all up quite an enjoyable drive. I was quite suprised at the amount of torque on offer for some of the longer hills, and had a lot of fun...now if I can just get the keys a bit more often....
Cheers, Jay

JayD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny that you had to sneak out and take the Fiesta for a drive.

Congrats for the new Fiesta! I'm glad that you can have some fun in it. How does the wife like it? Which colour? Is it manual or auto?

Not a bad car, the Fiesta... not a bad car at all.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I love that part of the world, got a mate who got married not long ago out there in the Marsh and we had a bucks weekend at Mt Franklin camping, took my old Focus out for a good drive. We have a cruise coming up there agian soon if we get organised...

Congrats on the 5 door Zetec, only a new model for the range!!
Old 23-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
JayD

Ives, she's panther black with a 5 speed. My wife chose the colour...obviously she doesn't do the car cleaning in this household!! but it does look good. zetec, yes, certainly is a nice part of the world, I'm lucky to live here...a shame though that my office is in Blackburn...oh well
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice! panther black Fiestas look great!
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
darkcloud

panther black! Yes another one!!

Yeah the fiesta does hav torque for a small car, guess it WAS made for the autobahns, cos i take it up to mona vale everyso often, roads are "80" but like even when you're at 110, u can still accelerate to gain speed, so yeah, glad the germans did ONE thing good instead of starting another world war....(no offence to any germans srsly)
darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post